forum

How did you/do you build and playthrough your song library?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SpasticSurgeon
When I started this game not long ago I was lucky to find 9000 good maps from a youtube video. In my mind they would last forever, but now I see that I'm actually making a dent in them and they won't last forever. I'm curious how other people compile their songs, download and play through them.

Some outline questions you might find useful in answering this question:

How many songs do you typically download at once?

How often do you download songs?

Do you download them daily and play through them the same day?

Spend hours on a single day compiling songs to download for the year and then hit up important singles as they come out?

Do you use osusearch.com or this website? What are some things you look for in songs?

How do you think you might be unique in the way you download and play through music?

Thanks guys. I'm interested in everyone's process :)
E m i
my strategy: i don't care i just remember everything i might want to do

and right now as an example i feel like tower of heaven extra hr (98.95% is lame)
Barusamikosu
I download every map pack from here https://osu.ppy.sh/p/packlist

I download new packs when I can be bothered to usually

After importing new map packs I will usually play through most of the maps I am interested in on the same day
Topic Starter
SpasticSurgeon

Momi wrote:

and right now as an example i feel like tower of heaven extra hr (98.95% is lame)
So if something sounds good you will go download it huh? That's cool, but don't you already have that one downloaded? You never download packs?
Topic Starter
SpasticSurgeon

Barusamikosu wrote:

I download every map pack from here https://osu.ppy.sh/p/packlist

I download new packs when I can be bothered to usually

After importing new map packs I will usually play through most of the maps I am interested in on the same day
All of them 0.o?

Do you mean like as the new ones come out?
loveleft
i haven't been playing for very long but i started by downloading most of the packs along with my favourite songs. now i go through the newly ranked and qualified sections every week or so, preview everything and download anything that i like the sound of. i'll also search for and download most other maps/songs made by mappers/artists i enjoy playing/listening to.

when i play i usually just play through my whole collection in order of date added. that way, every now and then i get around to playing mapsets i haven't played for awhile and i can either beat my old scores on them or pass harder diffs that i used to fail on, which is super satisfying. if i really like a map i'll replay it a few times to try for an fc, but i try not to spend too much time on one map at a time. variety is what makes osu so fun in my opinion, i've never played a game where there's been this much content all made by the community, so i try to take advantage of it as much as possible!
Barusamikosu

SpasticSurgeon wrote:

All of them 0.o?

Do you mean like as the new ones come out?
Yep, all of them. When I see a new pack and I have time to download and play I will grab it.
E m i

SpasticSurgeon wrote:

Momi wrote:

So if something sounds good you will go download it huh? That's cool, but don't you already have that one downloaded? You never download packs?
the game tells me if i already have the map so such a thing doesn't exist

also yeah i never do
DeletedUser_6869432
There was a torrent thread her on the forums, you can probably find it if you search a little. They have all the ranked maps in packs by years, downloading 1 or 2 will pretty much ensure your not running out of beat maps.
Kyrari
I just get into a multi lobby and download anything people play and that's how I got most of my maps.

This would usually get your most of the popular maps people like to play though if you're still a 6 digit it might be hard to find a good lobby, people at 6 digits kinda just randomly go BIG BLACK AIRMAN REALLY HARD GUISE mode more often than not.
Yohei
Use http://osusearch.com/ to find good maps :D
Topic Starter
SpasticSurgeon

Yohei wrote:

Use http://osusearch.com/ to find good maps :D
I just learned about this yesterday! Thanks for the tip.