forum

[Archived] Random spikes in frame times

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
imagaK
Ever since I installed windows 10 osu sometimes spikes in frametimes like this.
It happens in random intervals usually around a minute on all 3 release streams and is exclusive to osu, no other game I tried had this problem.
I tried several older drivers and the latest one for my graphics card but that did not seem to make a difference.
Reinstalling osu also did not help.
Any ideas?

Edit: Worth mentioning that the duration or "intensity" of the lag is also very random.
Death
Make sure you have Game Bar and Game DVR disabled and try disabling fullscreen optimizations in the properties of your osu!.exe.

If you have any other programs running in the background, try closing them.
Topic Starter
imagaK
Thanks for the response.
I've tried all of your suggestions even disabled DVR via regedit (since it wasnt enabled in the first place), sadly no changes.
Death
I'm assuming if this has been occurring for a bit, you have restarted your computer in that time?

Included in outside programs is Antivirus software, you can attempt to disable it temporarily to determine if it is the culprit, however, do so at your own risk.

One more thing that might be worth trying is repairing osu!. There should be a shortcut for that in your osu! folder, if there is not, hold shift while starting osu! and a recovery window should pop up.
Topic Starter
imagaK
This has been occuring since I installed windows 10 a couple weeks back and I did restart after DVR and GameBar disabling, yep.
I have also tried running it with as few processes active as I could. Will perform a repair and give that a shot tomorrow, although I did a fresh install of osu after installing win10, so I'm not expecting that to work.