forum

[Archived] Latency stuck at 17ms

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Trilemo
Problem Details:

Hi,

I actually have a really good computer, i can run almost all games on it. But for a few days, my Latency is complitely stuck at 17ms and can't pass below. I usually play around 1ms, i just don't understand, i'm completely sure it does not come from my computer.

Please help me, i want to click circle again :(

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Death
Make sure you are not using Vsync in both osu!'s settings and your GPU settings.
Topic Starter
Trilemo
Yes i know, i've check that allready and it's all disable
Death
Restart your computer, try running the game without any other programs open in the background.
Topic Starter
Trilemo
I told you that it's lagging for few days ago >:(

I've tryed that too but the most weird part is the precisally 17ms. It's not just lagging, it's like frozen on that number, i've never seen this before
Death
17ms is equivalent to 60fps. So you either have Vsync on unknowingly, or something else is limiting your framerate.

If you are on Windows 10, try disabling fullscreen optimizations. If this only started a few days ago, try to think of anything out of the ordinary that you did. Did you download or install anything new? Did you update any drivers? Are you running osu! with the correct gpu?
TR4NQU1L1TY
Heyo. You might be in the same predicament as me, if you currently have a NVIDIA GPU (perhaps it has to do something w/ laptops as well)...

Try some these solutions, full of various suggestions by many.

For a quick fix, I recommend the following:

1. Attempt to play with integrated graphics, if possible.
2. Instead of fullscreen, try playing windowed (if you are not already O_o).
3. Try both of the above simultaneously? Fix should apply with each individual one, anyways.

For me, this is a workaround to the issue, with some consequences of a higher frame time (ms) than some. Should be way better than 17ms, however :D

Best of luck to you, friend.

TR4NQU1L1TY