forum

make friend increase a permanent feature for supporters

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Tanomoshii Nekojou
Recently, peppy decided to increase the number of Friends from 300 to 500 for osu!supporters. Though its a good thing that peppy increased the limit, i still think the best option is to put it to unlimited like how twitter works for following people.... since the new osu! website is already showing '### followers' at the bottom of every userpages and not friends~... :3

post from t/176843&start=75 (Increasing the amount of friends)

Sinnoh wrote:

Planned to be implemented, increasing from 300 -> 500 for now. Thread can be moved to completed

BUT WAIT. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST TO INCREASE THE AMOUNT OF FRIENDS.

What I am suggesting is to make the feature permanent once purchased an osu!supporter, just like the 'fully customisable user page' and The ability to change your username (first change is free).

Thank you for reading! :3
abraker
Can someone explain to me why anyone would need 500 friends in the first place? Look up Dunbar's number. Studies show that the human capacity for maintaining active relationships is about 150-200 people. Add 50 more for friends who you used to talk with and add 100 more because you want to friend some popular folks just because. 350 imo is plenty.

I am totally expecting an essay about the complex status quo on having mutuals right about now.
Topic Starter
Tanomoshii Nekojou

abraker wrote:

I am totally expecting an essay about the complex status quo on having mutuals right about now.
Sorry to disappoint, I'm not good with essays. I'll keep it short but detailed. :3

abraker wrote:

Can someone explain to me why anyone would need 500 friends in the first place?
In the first place, not everyone uses the 'Add a Friend' feature as ADDING A FRIEND.
It has been proven that most players uses it either as a 'stalking', 'favorite player list' or 'following' feature.

Explanation is seen from some of the replies in this thread: t/176843/start=0
Here's some that I found:

TheVileOne wrote:

My friend count is currently maxxed. Of course I have lots of people I never talk to on it. I think that a lot of the people on my list are other team members. If I didn't need to add so many contacts from the team to friends I would have even more space.

Toruchii wrote:

Considering that most players use the friend list as a way to track users like top players, it would be better if it's separated. One for mutual and the other for "following". The mutual list can use the "send request" kind of system while following is a simple click like right now. Also if the limited friends have something to do with bugs or something, then the following list can be limited instead of mutual.

I think this will make everyone happy.

Kaoru wrote:

Valid request. I don't talk to everyone on my friends list but I would like to see this implemented. I see my friends list as a better way of keeping tabs on my favorite players. If that's not how it's intended to be used I suggest considering making a "favorite players" list. It would function the same except it would be used exclusively for watching your favorite players or keeping track of their scores.
Also, it seems like the word 'Friends' is no longer used in the new website. It has been replaced to 'Followers'. :3

Also,...

Tanomoshii Nekojou wrote:

BUT WAIT. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST TO INCREASE THE AMOUNT OF FRIENDS.
Again, What I am suggesting is to make the feature permanent once purchased an osu!supporter, just like the 'fully customisable user page' and The ability to change your username (first change is free).

Thank you for the reply! owo