forum

resolution problem OSU urgent [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KaZoMa_old
So hello there, I tried setting my to higher resolution of such. and after doing so, my computer is now cant open osu. How can I fix this problem, or better yet how do I lower the resolution without getting into OSU?
James2250
Go to Program Files - osu! and find the osu!<username>.cfg file. Then change the width and height values to whatever you need. Once you have done that save the file and reopen osu!.
Topic Starter
KaZoMa_old
Well, tried it. Still not working... I'm getting the message of "System.Exception: Your graphics card has reported texture corruption.
This is probably a result of not having enough graphics RAM. You may want to try swapping your renderer or lowering your graphics settings." Any ideas?
James2250
That shouldn't be a problem with the game resolution, assuming you fixed those numbers.

In that same .cfg file I mentioned above you can try changed the "Renderer" line to either 'd3d' or 'opengl' and see if it makes any difference. You can also try changing the "FrameSync" line to either 1 or 2 (to change the frames per second to 120/60 in-game).

If none of that works you will probably need to look up what graphics card you are currently using and make sure you have the latest official drivers installed for it.
Topic Starter
KaZoMa_old
Thanks~ It was the rendering line owo many thanks. I kind of find it odd that I have a powerful computer and getting that error? could that be a bug or something? Because my computer is made for games xD
palion

KaZoMa wrote:

Thanks~ It was the rendering line owo many thanks. I kind of find it odd that I have a powerful computer and getting that error? could that be a bug or something? Because my computer is made for games xD
specs?

and perhaps your graphics drivers for the renderer weren't up to date