forum

hey let's real talk for a sec

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
(serious thread)

there's been a frankly obscene level of self-depreciating or negative posts cropping up lately and i'm too old to fully fathom whether this is just some fad to be edgy and pretend to be hurting or whether people are legitimately hurting and just taking the opportunity to vent it in here (or maybe a bit of both)

while i don't wanna stifle stuff here, the level of "i'm gonna kill myself" and "my life is miserable and everything sucks" in this forum lately has exceeded any level that can be considered as "ironically amusing" by any standards, and i'm actually more than a little concerned about a few of you at this point

can we all universally agree to maybe tone back the self-dep and negging a little bit? being stupid and endearingly dumb is perfectly fine and well within the scope of OT but holy shit dudes, there's like five threads on the frontpage at the moment that are some variant of "i wanna die"
Saturnalize
shouldn't this get stickied instead of the mapping thread thingy
igorsprite
RIP Xuequinox :(
E m i
it accidentally happened that when i was like that, i also quit osu and didn't post on the forums

and it accidentally happened that when that fixed itself, i came back to osu and started posting again

so i would say that i'm accidentally on it

but is there any sort of real solid reason? as someone who isn't suicidal i'm glad if people can speak their mind and all of that stuff
and if whining is speaking their mind then that's ok, to me definitely, because their trouble is bigger than my trouble of reading it
ColdTooth
I'd like to hope these people are okay aswell, I'm concerned myself, too.
abraker
tbh it's hard to tell which ones are half-joking hinting at something actual from that are not actually serious. I'd like to believe there has been non which were half-joking, but I'd be kidding myself if I convinced all of them are joking. I don't want to suggest disallowing anyone to be joking like that, but it's not ideal not to be able to tell from potential cases either.
Saturnalize

Momi wrote:

but is there any sort of real solid reason? as someone who isn't suicidal i'm glad if people can speak their mind and all of that stuff
and if whining is speaking their mind then that's ok, to me definitely, because their trouble is bigger than my trouble of reading it
don't forget that this is OT: some of the residents here may take it not seriously. If, in a case, someone needs to blurt such thing, I think it'd be better to put it on General Discussion instead (or reddit, but not oss). Still, better seek therapist.
Naimae

Saturnalize wrote:

don't forget that this is OT: some of the residents here may take it not seriously. If, in a case, someone needs to blurt such thing, I think it'd be better to put it on General Discussion instead (or reddit, but not oss). Still, better seek therapist.
but people don't always do the most optimal thing for themselves regardless, so it's possible that someone on here could actually be feeling like that while not seeming like it. maybe they even want to hide it by doing it among a sea of ironic suicide jokes
Saturnalize

citremi wrote:

Saturnalize wrote:

but people don't always do the most optimal thing for themselves regardless, so it's possible that someone on here could actually be feeling like that while not seeming like it. maybe they even want to hide it by doing it among a sea of ironic suicide jokes
which is dangerous. My response to the statement has been said well by abraker, so I'm not gonna say it twice.

Though people actually may, initiatively, pm the "person" to help their problem (in any kind of way), I doubt there is.
semaphore
are you talking about me my post was a joke :P
igorsprite
Shohei Ohtani
Ephemeral is a licensed psychologist I think

This man knows his shit
abraker

CDFA wrote:

Ephemeral is a licensed psychologist I think

This man knows his shit
half of the potential mapper base is in depression. that bird does nothing
Shohei Ohtani
I'm going to kick your ass.
abraker

EXHIBIT A

CDFA wrote:

I'm going to kick your ass.
Shohei Ohtani
prepare to have your butt kicked
abraker

EXHIBIT Butt kinking

CDFA wrote:

prepare to have your butt kicked
Shohei Ohtani
johnmedina999
Did you two really have to ruin this thread, of all threads? That's really low, even for OT.
yuhaii
Have to agree with John.

This is a fucking serious thread, and is not supposed to be memed in, even though it's OT.
Not funny.
show more