forum

Mother 3

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loginer
The English version of this game is finally released!

Screw Earthbound, I'll jump straight to this game. Anyway, play and discuss!
Saturos
I was wondering if you were watching for this. Was going to post it later today if you didn't. ;x
Topic Starter
Loginer
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
lukewarmholiday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
K-S-O
Heck yeah! This is an awesome game! I would even go as far as saying that this game is better than Earthbound!
Topic Starter
Loginer
I've played this for about 20 minutes, and I know this is going to own Earthbound. <_<
Also, the game lags during battles. In between that and the short battery time, I think I'll just run this on the PC instead. D:
YoshiKart
No wonder my friend sold his import to me for a quick buck. >_>

Now I have English/Japanese on the computer and Japanese on my DS. What to do, what do to. =/
Topic Starter
Loginer
I've been playing this for about four hours now. Kind of stuck, but the translation is amazing so far. I don't think Nintendo themselves could do a better job! Also love the game itself, rhythm-based battles FTW. Must kill headphones >_<
And I recently found out they're making an awesome handbook with custom-made art and a neat keychain on top. Their plan is obviously to outclass NOA/NOE.
GSR_old
Topic Starter
Loginer
Just play the game on your Wii/PC until your 3-in-1 arrives. I recommend VBA-M over a Wii emulator, it's lag-free and has lots of delicious video filters. :3
GSR_old
Topic Starter
Loginer
GSR_old
Topic Starter
Loginer

GSR wrote:

Loginer wrote:

GSR wrote:

I tried VBA-M, but it's got laggy sound for some reason. I hate my computer. :<
If by laggy you mean crackly, the same thing happened to me at first. I think replacing the .exe with the normal VBA, running the game once and then reinstalling VBA-M to the same directory solved the problem. :/
Now I get no sound at all. :P
Ah, right. Go to Options > Audio > Core Settings and move the volume slider, which should be at Mute ATM. THAT should fix the problems. :D
GSR_old

Loginer wrote:

GSR wrote:

Loginer wrote:

If by laggy you mean crackly, the same thing happened to me at first. I think replacing the .exe with the normal VBA, running the game once and then reinstalling VBA-M to the same directory solved the problem. :/
Now I get no sound at all. :P
Ah, right. Go to Options > Audio > Core Settings and move the volume slider, which should be at Mute ATM. THAT should fix the problems. :D
The sound was back, but it was still crackly. Switched to OpenAL and turned up the priority on the process and it runs like a charm.
K-S-O
Topic Starter
Loginer
The music in this game is too good. D:
GSR_old

Loginer wrote:

The music in this game is too good. D:
Agreed. It's a special kind of music that can be compressed as .wma and still sound great.
Topic Starter
Loginer
Hmm... I do have a way to rip the music from most DS games (As in, get the actual MIDI file and an instrument library for it). I wonder if it'll work for GBA games? :3
Edit: It didn't, but I found another program which rips MIDI files. And it works. :D
K-S-O
Starmen.net already has the entire soundtrack posted in their Mother 3 section for download. Although all the tracks are in OGG format.
Topic Starter
Loginer

K-S-O wrote:

Starmen.net already has the entire soundtrack posted in their Mother 3 section for download. Although all the tracks are in OGG format.
I don't want their silly .ogg files, I want .mid files! :[
GSR_old

Loginer wrote:

K-S-O wrote:

I don't want their silly .ogg files, I want .mid files! :[
I don't want their silly .ogg files, I want .mid files! :
their silly .ogg files, I want .mid files!
.ogg files, I want .mid files
.mid files
wat

Unless you've got a MIDI synthesizer set up to mimic the GBA, it's going to be inaccurate.
LuigiHann
I used to like midi files, back when I was using aol on a dial-up connection on a computer that literally couldn't handle playing an mp3 file.
GSR_old
Topic Starter
Loginer
YoshiKart
Need help. How do I get the music in no$gba to run half a second earlier? I can't chain combos at all. But I can on my own Japanese copy. >_>
Topic Starter
Loginer

YoshiKart wrote:

Need help. How do I get the music in no$gba to run half a second earlier? I can't chain combos at all. But I can on my own Japanese copy. >_>
You can't. But unless you're using Bluetooth headphones or something, you're probably suffering from a latency problem. Lower your sound buffer.

Download: TPM - nfst (hawkzor) [Collab].osu
Topic Starter
Loginer
YoshiKart
Dang it. The Japanese version can't fit "Kumatora" as a name. >_>

Alright! Kumato joined my party!
Topic Starter
Loginer
Why are you playing the Japanese version?
Also, I'm stuck at chapter 6. The boss keeps killing me. D:
YoshiKart

jonathan_old
starmen.net also has the original Arranged Mother 1 soundtrack, complete with 80's style lyrics
GSR_old

Loginer wrote:

You best be trolling.

If you actually mean chapter 7, then have Lucas use Shield Omega and Duster/Kumatora drop the boss' offense/defense as much as possible. If you're leveled up enough, use PSI Shield Omega as well, then blast the boss with PK Freeze Gamma. Don't bother using PK Love, just have Lucas smash away/heal, especially if you got the Mystical Stick from the enemies in the dungeon beforehand.

Also, just got to chapter 8, though I might reload right before the end of 7 to get aforementioned Mystical Stick, because HOLYGOD +90 OFFENSE
Topic Starter
Loginer

YoshiKart wrote:

Music won't sync correctly on the emulator... Maybe it's Vista.

So the battle system refuses to work with me. =/
But still, the Japanese version? Just get a flash cart.

GSR wrote:

Loginer wrote:

You best be trolling.
no u
YoshiKart
GSR_old
Nocky_old
God, this was awesome. Just beat the game as well.

Music is amazing; just downloaded the Mother 3+/3i soundtracks, and am amazed at DCMC being represented by the Crazy Ken Band.
Confusion, the song that plays when Isaac reports Hinawa's death(WHAT THE HELL ISAAC)is strikingly beautiful and appropriate.

On a slightly related note... I don't have the picture, but:

Isaac: Hey, Flint! Look at this ultra-cool skateboard I found!
...The problem is WHERE I found it... :awesome:
Gens

Nocky wrote:

Isaac: Hey, Flint! Look at this ultra-cool skateboard I found!
...The problem is WHERE I found it... :awesome:
Oh, I know it.

BEST GAME EVER!! :)
YoshiKart
Dang it, I should get a GBA flash cart for Christmas.

Download: xierbaliti - Megpoid GUMI - Aitai [Rin] (2011-01-12) Osu.osr
YoshiKart
I verse the big blue bull guy in Ch. 5 and I forgot about that DC~~ pamphlet thingy. I ended up finishing the battle with Kumatora at 7 HP. Stupid me.

I hate Ch. 6. It dragged on a lot. Could've been shorter.
Nocky_old

YoshiKart wrote:

I see what you did there.

Yeah, it could have been better.
Gens

Nocky wrote:

YoshiKart wrote:

I see what you did there.

Yeah, it could have been better.
CH.6 FTW.

CH.7 BOOOSucks!

/sarcasm
YoshiKart
YoshiKart
Fun game was fun.
alcoatjez

Loginer wrote:

And I recently found out they're making an awesome handbook with custom-made art and a neat keychain on top. Their plan is obviously to outclass NOA/NOE.
I ordered 2 copies (1 for a friend) a while ago. I just got an email it will ship in March, I can't wait!
Because of the delay, an extra poster which can be used as an extra book cover will be included: nice!
It will also be released as a PDF for free ;)
BTW, Tomato is one of the people behind this translation. He was also one of the guys behind the great Bahamut Lagoon translation.
YoshiKart
I ordered one to guide me for a second run through the Japanese version. Still complaining about emulator lag. And me not having a flashcart.
alcoatjez
alcoatjez
YoshiKart
Otium_old
I can't remember how far I came into the game, but my computer decided to go crazy and restart itself compeletly.
I haven't had the ability to start playing again. It's a good game though~
show more