forum

[invalid] I keep losing grip of my pen and eventually dropping it

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
minatoaqua1
I keep choking good plays because of this,
when I grip my stylus, my middle finger is usually on top with my index finger, but my middle finger slowly starts to slide under the pen down to the ring and pinky side of the pen, this happens when I'm flicking really fast, I can't do anything if I can't fix this, this is not due to the sweat.

I cannot take a picture of my grip style right now.
osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)

4:13PM Edit: My grip is also sliding down to the narrow part of the stylus. This is a major problem. I can't finish any play without choking by dropping my pen.
Topic Starter
minatoaqua1
Let me describe my grip style, I am holding the top of the bottom quarter of the stylus, G430 passive, my index and middle fingers are on the side that faces towards my display, the middle of the pen rests comfortably in my webbing. My middle and index are bent in the middle joints very sharply, the fingertips pressing hard against the pen. My ring and pinky finger rest on the side of the pen that is facing away from the display, I am right handed. My ring finger's flat side is resting on my last joint of my pinky, these two fingers rest right above where the pen is about to start curving into a tip.
Topic Starter
minatoaqua1
WHY IS NOBODY RESPONDING D:
ForeverFabulous
The issue about grips is that you must adjust to what you have, or adapt to a new one.

Read this forum, it kinda explains the same issue:
t/286591

Reddit post talking about the topic:
https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/commen ... _slippery/

Here is a wiki on a way to hold a pencil:
https://www.wikihow.com/Hold-a-Pencil

And the correct forum to post this in is Gameplay & Rankings:
Sub2Devilpug
Very old thread but I have the exact same issue and I am curios to know how did you end up solving it? if the only effective way of dealing with this is a grip change i would like to know
JustABeginner
Hey Sub2Devilpug.

If it's an old thread, please create a new one instead and don't bump it.