forum

Learning how to draw. Any tips?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hoihoisoi
So I'm still in the stages of learning how to draw (Manga characters). But is there any tips or tutorials you artists out there have seen or gone through and find it is useful or has made a great deal of change in the style you draw? If so could you guys share it? Cause I'm still a beginner and all, I usually mess up the body proportions and the eyes(And I'm stuck with one type of eye), not to mention folds and shades. But the most distressing thing is the 45 degree angle view in which I find very hard to draw but still want to draw (Due to the face extending from the hair to the chin and to the neck where it detatches)

So if there has been any tutorials you have come by of how to draw which you find useful or any tips and tricks (Like copy other's works first and learn from it and such), I hope that you guys can share it. thanks in advance.
LunarSakuya
Actually, trying to copy other works helps a lot (so long as you don't release it obviously)
I like looking through DeviantArt and Pixiv for reference in general lol. Sorry I don't have any specific tutorials xD

And of course practice practice~
Denebola_old

hoihoisoi wrote:

So I'm still in the stages of learning how to draw (Manga characters). But is there any tips or tutorials you artists out there have seen or gone through and find it is useful or has made a great deal of change in the style you draw? If so could you guys share it? Cause I'm still a beginner and all, I usually mess up the body proportions and the eyes(And I'm stuck with one type of eye), not to mention folds and shades. But the most distressing thing is the 45 degree angle view in which I find very hard to draw but still want to draw (Due to the face extending from the hair to the chin and to the neck where it detatches)

So if there has been any tutorials you have come by of how to draw which you find useful or any tips and tricks (Like copy other's works first and learn from it and such), I hope that you guys can share it. thanks in advance.
Your problem is you are trying to draw very stylized human beings right off the bat. If you want your anatomy to look correct you have to start with what a real human looks like. There are no shortcuts, even Picaso knew how to draw realistic art.
Faust

Denebola wrote:

hoihoisoi wrote:

Your problem is you are trying to draw very stylized human beings right off the bat. If you want your anatomy to look correct you have to start with what a real human looks like. There are no shortcuts, even Picaso knew how to draw realistic art.
tl;dr

Absolutely.
Topic Starter
hoihoisoi
Anatomy....errr.....that means.....the whole human body including all angles and features such as hands, fingers, toes, feet and the likes right?
Denebola_old

hoihoisoi wrote:

Anatomy....errr.....that means.....the whole human body including all angles and features such as hands, fingers, toes, feet and the likes right?
Yes

Here is a handy site http://www.posemaniacs.com/
XSCX
Uhh the way I taught my friend how to draw was to pay attention to the art styles of animes.
Tsukimi Luna
Nice job necroing such an old post lmao
Accelerator-kun

Yuu-Chii wrote:

Nice job necroing such an old post lmao
Anyway, start with practicing with some image you find on internet, just to start to learn the perspectives, etc...
The Ribbon Red
So, I suppose the thread is alive once more? Or should we leave it dead again?
Accelerator-kun

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Why let it die? It's not useless.
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Why let it die? It's not useless.
Okay then. Might as well get some actual tips around here. (Since I can't draw anything at all)
Sorun

The Ribbon Red wrote:

I'll be monitoring it for helpful tips and such.
The Ribbon Red

Sorun wrote:

I'll be monitoring it for helpful tips and such.
Really? Thanks. Good luck with watching this thread.
animez15
i dont draw an anime with pattern :)
LeleBrq
I'm the future
Rilene
hope you realize that you just dug the thread back from 5 years
Luqanted
the bump aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAaAAAaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA