forum

Tablet speed / holding it

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Royboyvdm
Not sure how to explain this, but iv got my tablet for around 3 weeks now, its a wacom bamboo CTH-460

Holding the pen just seems to be a pain in the ass most of the time, i just cant see to have grip over it and im using pen mode with the smallest resize as possible, osu on 1024x768

Are there any tips to make the tablet speed more faster? or easier to use. iv watched videos of people using a tablet, amd im using like 3x smaller the amount of space they use on the tablet, and still i cant see to move it properly on fast jumps

I dont hover it btw, might need to check that out but seems to have less accuration with it
thelewa
It takes practice

loads of practice
Denebola_old
If what you're doing isn't working try something different until something becomes comfortable
Yumi14_old
You'll find it by urself. At first its hard to hold it admit it, but u'll get used to it eventually
YodaSnipe
Ahhh yes non-hover is very good to start out, at least it was good to start with for me. The issue I found is that it limits your snapping and mobility potential. I would strongly suggest switching to hover. In addition, personally I hold my tablet pen in the same fashion I would hold a pencil/pen to write something. See if this works out for you.
Espionage724

YodaSnipe wrote:

Ahhh yes non-hover is very good to start out, at least it was good to start with for me.
I started out with hover, it just sort of came naturally for some reason (never used a tablet before in the past). When I realized I was hovering, I tried playing without hovering, didn't work as well (i'm a bit concerned as to how the pen and surface of my tablet would hold out if I wasn't hovering. That concern alone makes me hover :p)
Denebola_old

Espionage724 wrote:

YodaSnipe wrote:

Ahhh yes non-hover is very good to start out, at least it was good to start with for me.
I started out with hover, it just sort of came naturally for some reason (never used a tablet before in the past). When I realized I was hovering, I tried playing without hovering, didn't work as well (i'm a bit concerned as to how the pen and surface of my tablet would hold out if I wasn't hovering. That concern alone makes me hover :p)
The tips are replaceable

Not sure about the surface, don't know if they would incur any damage over long periods of time / use.
Topic Starter
Royboyvdm
The thing is i just seems to be more accurate in knowing where im going to move with non hovering as you have more grip on it..
Topic Starter
Royboyvdm
Just one more off topic question..not worth it to make a new thread for it..but how so you change the background of every beatmap to black/no background picture..havnt find it in the graphic settings..
Denebola_old

Royboyvdm wrote:

Just one more off topic question..not worth it to make a new thread for it..but how so you change the background of every beatmap to black/no background picture..havnt find it in the graphic settings..
To have a black background just simply delete the background picture in the song folders

To change the background picture you have to replace/edit the background picture in the song folder, it has to have the same name as the previous picture.
laport
in your hand and maybe practice with relax mod if you are not sure about your aiming.

don't look at how you are holding it, hover is the most comfortable way to play but if the notes are tiny i will put the pen on the tablet.
GensokyoAkuma
For me, sliding my pen over the full tablet area works best. And I don't touch the tablet with my hand, i just hold the pen with my wrist lifted in the air...
The problem with this is that I put alot of pressure on the pen, and this way I'm probably ruining my tablet lol
But it's impossible for me to hover, lol I don't know how you people do it >.<
Salvage
seems like i'm the only one that find hovering kind of unconfortable, i play without hovering and with the smallest are since i started playing tablet and got used pretty good, i still don't play really hard songs tho but idk.

also about the small area, everyone uses a big one x.x
Yme
Hovering is a great idea as suggested by some people already. Anyways, if you are uncomfortable with pen mode, try mouse mode and adjusting the speed a bit. I find that useful as I'm using mouse mode over pen mode.
Neruell

Yme wrote:

Hovering is a great idea as suggested by some people already. Anyways, if you are uncomfortable with pen mode, try mouse mode and adjusting the speed a bit. I find that useful as I'm using mouse mode over pen mode.
Using mouse mode with a tablet is the same as to use a MOUSE. Pen + Tablet just works the same way as the mouse, why even use mouse mode with a tablet if you can just use a mouse for a "mouse mode"? xD
gat1toneku

GensokyoAkuma wrote:

For me, sliding my pen over the full tablet area works best. And I don't touch the tablet with my hand, i just hold the pen with my wrist lifted in the air...
The problem with this is that I put alot of pressure on the pen, and this way I'm probably ruining my tablet lol
But it's impossible for me to hover, lol I don't know how you people do it >.<
lol, seen some ppl play like this but doesn't work for me because i don't like moving my hands very much
i use a tablet and the only move my index finger and thumb, my pinky finger and the side of my hands works like an anchor to the tablet

also @neruell yes you're right, but for some people moving the cursor around with a pen-shaped thing is easier than with a mouse
Neruell
Just sounds so weird since as long as I don't play osu and always take my good old mouse and use it since it's way better for everything else. But just personal opinion.
gat1toneku
yeah i agree though because using a pen to click things in explorer/browsing the net is fucking awkward
though it's more logical to play osu with a pen because the original ouendan is played with a "pen" (but on a touchscreen)