forum

Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ekaru
So, we finally found out what the planned Jump Festa announcement was, and... well, this pretty much came out of nowhere. And before you ask, looking at past trends this is probably the game that Corocoro plans on revealing next month. Not a guaranteed, but pretty likely. Anyways...

Source/pics/screenshots: serebii.net

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyrmqFYGAnc

Basically, it's a crossover of Pokemon with Nobunaga's Ambition for the DS. To put it simply, instead of using swords the Samurai use Pokemon instead; It's a tile-based SRPG where you command your Pokemon on a grid, judging by the screenshots.

There are really only three things that matter here:

1. Samurai x Pokemon = Coolness
2. It appears to have a somewhat serious tone for once, probably due to the Nobunaga's Ambition part. We'll see. At least the art's kinda cool.
3. This can either turn out to be awesome or not-so-awesome. Here's hoping for the former!

So, yeah... Totally unexpected. :P

EDIT: Official website: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/ranse/
Randy96
Hideyoshi would get Infernape
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Randy96 wrote:

Hideyoshi would get Infernape
XD

Also, I edited the OP with a much higher quality trailer that actually shows gameplay footage. Okay, yeah, I'm sold now.
Mogsy
Here's hoping it gets localized! If not, well, I'll import it, anyway.
Zekira
It's for the DS anyway, the FREAKING DS, which means it's more easily accessible and it's not region-locked! :D
Sinistro
For the DS and not the 3DS? Great!
This seems potentially interesting, I hope it will be a -- OMG THAT GUY USES ARTICUNO <3
Hopefully the fact that it has Pokemon in will help in its localisation.
Come to think of it, which of these games are available in English? The wikipedia article confuses me.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Mogsworth wrote:

Here's hoping it gets localized! If not, well, I'll import it, anyway.
The only retail Pokemon release we haven't gotten in recent memory was that Typing game, and that game would've been pretty much impossible to localize.

This game, though? Yeah, it'll almost certainly get localized going by past trends. After all, it's a Pokemon SRPG at its core, judging by the gameplay footage. The samurai even have pokeballs all over their clothing. If they call it "Pokemon: Nobunaga's Ambition" then it would pass, too. We'll see, but I think we'll get it, all things considered.

EDIT: @ Sinistro: As far as Nobunaga's Ambition goes, we got the two PS2 games, along with some previous games in the series. Iron Triangle in particular came out over here in January 2009, about 3 years after its Japanese release.
HakuNoKaemi
OMG THAT GUY USES ARTICUNO <3
He's Mitsuhide Akechi
SPOILER
Funny storic spoilertime!!!

He will betray Nobunaga Oda in the incident at the temple of Honnoji

Funny thing I can spoiler you something by knowing the Japanese story :3

Guess Ieyasu Tokugawa will have something like a Torterra or similiar Pokemon ...
Topic Starter
Ekaru

HakuNoKaemi wrote:

OMG THAT GUY USES ARTICUNO <3
He's Mitsuhide Akechi
SPOILER
Funny storic spoilertime!!!

He will betray Nobunaga Oda in the incident at the temple of Honnoji

Funny thing I can spoiler you something by knowing the Japanese story :3

Guess Ieyasu Tokugawa will have something like a Torterra or similiar Pokemon ...
Yeah, something like that should happen. It does technically take place in the fictional Ranse region and not Sengoku-era Japan itself, but it's basically just a parallel universe so similar things should happen. I'm interested in seeing how they handle this.

And yeah, Ieyasu will probably use a slower Pokemon, considering the method he used to become the ruler of Japan. One of the stalling legendaries seems like a good fit, but Hideyoshi has Infernape (since it fits the things said about him perfectly) so yeah, Torterra's also likely.
Drakari_old
Hmm... I do like pokemon and turn-based strategy/RPGs... Don't know much about the Nobunaga's Ambition thing though...

Could work.
mm201
Wait, what is Mewtwo doing in feudal Japan?
Pokebis

mm201 wrote:

Timmmmmmeeee trrrravvvveeellllll
mm201
Where are Celebi and Dialga?
Topic Starter
Ekaru

mm201 wrote:

It's not in feudal Japan; it's in the Ranse region! Therefore, this Ranse region could be extremely isolated and very behind the times, and thus Mewtwo simply flew in there from the Kanto region and went, "Oh, I think I'll partner with this guy for the hell of it!" I mean, this region clearly has some nice technology; they have cranes and moving platforms and shit.

...Okay, but really, I have no idea either. I'm just going to go with "Because they can" and leave it at that.
Soaprman
There is more than just one Mewtwo. I have six in my team.