forum

Mouse dpi general question...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Insyni
I'm always into practicing my mouse accuracy... whether through osu!, aimbooster, aim400kg, etc.
I used to use 800 dpi forever, but my overall precision was awful. Short note jumps in osu! were a pain to control. I would often overshoot targets or have to slow down significantly when approaching a target to hit it properly.

Then I used 400 dpi... and after a week I was much better off than I was before, but as someone who uses mostly forearm/ wrist I had to deal with a fair amount of re-positioning, strain, and found my mouse movements were overall too slow for what I wanted to accomplish.

Now, back to 800 dpi for a few months, I'm having my old problems again with general targeting/ aim. I have 1440x900 resolution.

What gives? Any suggestions? 800 dpi just seems so uncontrollable for me, but I want to be able to use it. The mice I've used are a Zowie Fk2 and Logitech 502.
Sandy Hoey
There are numbers between 400 and 800 if you didn’t already know. Quite a few actually
Topic Starter
Insyni

Sandy Hoey wrote:

There are numbers between 400 and 800 if you didn’t already know. Quite a few actually
Are you suggesting to work up slowly or to settle for something in between?

Also, what might make 800 dpi feel so hard to control? I know a lot of people use higher dpi's and have no issues.
Sandy Hoey
You could do that, and then maybe if you feel comfortable with something inbetween and are satisfied, you could stay there
mulraf
play around with your ingame-sensitivity. 400 dpi, in my opinion, is pretty low. you probably have an in-game sensitivity like 2 or 3, idk. but if you're doubling the dpi and halving the in-game sens then basically you should be at 0 again. so go 800 dpi, halve your current in-game sensitivity and work your way up in small increments of idk, maybe 0.02. i did like +0.01 sens every other day and it worked out perfectly. imho, even though many people say you should just leave your in-game sens if you aren't uncomfortable with it, i think you should at least have it at a point where you can move from one end of the screen to the other with only moving your wrist (or arm if that's your playstyle).