forum

Games [like osu!] that require beat,timing and music!!~

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
K a Y e
Can anyone a suggest a game other than osu! that requires beat, timing and music and be sure it is free and downloadable in the computer!

Please specify the download link :!: :!: :)
adam2046
They're called rhythm games btw.
Rantai
Uh, stepmania?
NoHitter
uhh O2Mania, Stepmania, DJMax, Tap Tap Revenge?
You can't get more mainstream than that :/

Edit: Oh I forgot about Guitar Hero too
bomber34
Gitaroo man :D Ps2 or Psp (PSP: Gitaroo man lives)
Best game if you wanna play something real different :D
Lybydose
For PC:

StepMania (DDR Simulator)
Lunatic Rave 2 (beatmania IIDX Simulator)
DJMax Trilogy (not free)
Frets on Fire (Guitar Hero Simulator)
Guitar Hero <some number here> for PC (not free)
Youbeat (Jubeat Simulator...good luck playing this one with a keyboard)
O2Jam / O2Mania (don't know anything about this)

Download link: http://www.google.com

Note that most simulators other than osu! don't have a central server for scoreboards and map downloads, so you won't be able to compete on charts or easily find maps that don't suck (90% of StepMania charts suck).

Also you really need an NKRO keyboard for most of these. Don't even try it on your $10 Dell/Logitech/HP/whatever
Backfire
LR2 has a really epic torrent with like 45 gigs in it, and it comes with alllll the beatmania things, and as far as I know, the torrents for the ones not included are easy to find.
Go with LR2, if you have patience to download, and you'll like it.

I had DJMax Tril as well, but I lost my profile key....
NoHitter
I recall thepianist posting a DJMAX clone somewhere here.
awp
Amplitude was on the PS2 and it was a pretty cool game

very limited song selection though, there were like 20 songs maybe
Samah

Backfire wrote:

LR2 has a really epic torrent with like 45 gigs in it, and it comes with alllll the beatmania things, ...
Yeah I managed to find that ages ago. It has IIDX 1-17, and a lot of them have BGA videos too. It works really well with the official PS2 controller. I always wanted an ASC, but so expensive... XD
Backfire
I used a keyboard with all the keys except the ones I was using taken out. Got the idea from anongos.
Its fun c:
Topic Starter
K a Y e

adam2046 wrote:

They're called rhythm games btw.
Sorry about that!! :?

Thanks for the suggestions... But as I said, Is it downloadable in computers??

All of them are good though!! I have already tried DJMAX [pretty popular around here], Tap Tap Revenge [and all those revenge things] and also Guitar Hero... But I don't think we can download that in the computer either. :D Thanks by the way!!~ :)
Topic Starter
K a Y e
Oh, and as I said, Specify the download link!! There isn't any download link here!! :( or even worst :cry: or :x or Joke!!~ :oops:

Well anyway, I barely need "download links" :)
Topic Starter
K a Y e

Lybydose wrote:

For PC:

StepMania (DDR Simulator)
Lunatic Rave 2 (beatmania IIDX Simulator)
DJMax Trilogy (not free)
Frets on Fire (Guitar Hero Simulator)
Guitar Hero <some number here> for PC (not free)
Youbeat (Jubeat Simulator...good luck playing this one with a keyboard)
O2Jam / O2Mania (don't know anything about this)

Download link: http://www.google.com

Note that most simulators other than osu! don't have a central server for scoreboards and map downloads, so you won't be able to compete on charts or easily find maps that don't suck (90% of StepMania charts suck).

Also you really need an NKRO keyboard for most of these. Don't even try it on your $10 Dell/Logitech/HP/whatever

How do you play that Youbeat thing?? :oops: ..... Well, I guess they are not that good either!! But thanks anyway!!~ :D
Topic Starter
K a Y e
Stick with osu!, DJMAX, Tap Tap Revenge and Guitar Hero for now!! I guess I can't find another good rhythm game!! :) That's fine anyway!! :D Thanks everyone!!~ :oops:
mathexpert
lol i wasn't really into rhythm games until I discovered osu!.
also dat quadruple post, might as well point that out since someone will anyways
Rid-ONE
Reflect Beat and jubeat sound great rhytm game.. ^^ but T3 is the best, can`t wait till the machines come my country..
mathexpert
Dieathan
Give beatmania IIDX a try. It's similar to DJ MAX so it shouldn't be that hard to adapt to.
Though if you can't find any arcade machines of it anywhere, get yourself a PS2 that can play Japanese games, a controller for beatmania IIDX (A JPKOC may require you to modify the keys if they stick, but there exists tutorials on what to do.) and last but not least, the games. I recommend any game from the 11th one onwards as they have timing adjustment options. Really helpful if you're playing it on an LCD due to the lag you might get from one.
But despite all this, be warned for it can get diificult. But yet again, just keep praticing and you'll be fine.
tifu_da_boi

mathexpert wrote:

lol i wasn't really into rhythm games until I discovered osu!.
also dat quadruple post, might as well point that out since someone will anyways
me too
show more