forum

[osu!catch] 1/9/18 Hatsune Miku - Nightmare Party Night by Kuzino Vote/Discussion

posted
Total Posts

Should Hatsune Miku - Nightmare Party Night by Kuzino be Loved?

Yes
88.46%
No
11.54%
Total votes: 52
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Toy
Hatsune Miku - Nightmare Party Night by Kuzino
Captain's Description (by Tenshichan):
Kuzino is a well-known mapper among the older osu!catch community. He was mapping at the time when osu!catch specific beatmaps weren't rankable so his maps were popular among players who were looking for a challenge apart from the hard converts out there. Nightmare Party Night being one of his maps has been submitted as early as 2011 and had an appearance as a Hidden pick in the finals of the osu!catch world cup 2017. The high amount of timing and edge jumps make this map very challenging to get a good score on and it would certainly be interesting to see who manages to get an FC using mods.

Please use the space below to discuss why you believe this map should (or should not!) enter the Loved category.
The poll will run for 5 days. Re-voting will be enabled for the sole purpose of changing your answer in the case that the discussion sways your vote otherwise after submission.

Link to this week's main thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/688043
Sanyi
My vote: No

Reason: What is even so special about this map? Yes the jumps are hard but that's it. I see no reason for this map to be in loved.

This is my opinion, feel free to discuss with me!
Topic Starter
Toy
Been taking a look at your comments Sanyi, and just wanted to point out that Loved isn't necessarily synonymous with "special". The Loved section is a space for the most popular maps for each mode. Generally more gimmicky/different maps will stand out to give them that popularity, but in my opinion (at least for standard), not being special doesn't always mean it's not fit for the category.
Sanyi
Thanks for reading my comments ^^ For me loved is an opportunity to make beatmaps more popular (since people who don't know these maps will get to know them by seeing them in Loved) or giving beatmaps a leaderboard where the leaderboard would be really cool (for example we've got a loved map in ctb that is one long spinner - which is really cool because giving that one a leaderboard makes it possible to compete in spinning).

I made my decisions based on this point of view. I kinda feel adding beatmaps to this section just because many people know them (because they were chosen in the world cup for example) is not really a gain.

But I can understand if people want to see a leaderboard on the maps the know and like (even though they may be special), so I am glad I've only got one vote for each map ^^
Zak
What us captains wish to do with the loved section is give maps the recongnition they deserve, even if they're not necessarily special. That being said, some maps would be better suited for the Ranked section, however some maps face unfortunate circumstances that prevent them from getting there, so for some we think Loved is a nice place to see them go. I understand not everyone agrees with me and that's fine, that is just my view on things and I believe the rest of my team has a similar idea in mind with the Loved section.

This map (and most of Kuzino's maps), is considered a piece of osu!catch history and that along with it's extreme difficulty and status as a CWC map gave me more than enough reason to include it in this voting round.
DakkyChan
This Map is Best :D .