forum

[osu!catch] 1/9/18 CLIFF EDGE feat. Nakamura Maiko - The Distance by Ascendance Vote/Discussion

posted
Total Posts

Should CLIFF EDGE feat. Nakamura Maiko - The Distance by Ascendance be Loved?

Yes
36.96%
No
63.04%
Total votes: 46
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Toy
CLIFF EDGE feat. Nakamura Maiko - The Distance by Ascendance
Captain's Description (by JBHyperion):
The Distance is a relaxing yet interesting beatmap that has seen increased popularity after being recently featured in the osu!catch World Cup 2017. With over four minutes of drain time, contrasting fast-flowing vocal sliders and toe-tapping instrumental jump patterns, this beatmap will test the player's stamina and consistency without feeling like a test at all. A calming delight to play which should be experienced by improving and experienced players alike.

Please use the space below to discuss why you believe this map should (or should not!) enter the Loved category.
The poll will run for 5 days. Re-voting will be enabled for the sole purpose of changing your answer in the case that the discussion sways your vote otherwise after submission.

Link to this week's main thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/688043
Sanyi
My vote: didn't vote (to stay neutral)

On the first look this looks like a completely normal map. But some distances are rather uncommon which makes the gameplay for me a bit different than from the maps I see in the ranked section (maybe I am hallucinating this though since I tested this map when I was very tired. Still felt a bit special for me). It is just not special enough for me to vote yes though.

This is my opinion, feel free to discuss with me!