forum

Wacom tablet 480

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chef Fizzical
Hi dad,
So I’m getting better with my tablet but i see a lot of stuff about how if you use the 480 then the only version of the drivers with no lag is the
6.9.5 or whatever it’s called. So I’ve tried it a couple of times and i can’t really use it because the liftoff distance seems to be a bit less and i immediately
notice it and my pen starts to not connect randomly.
And I’ve never had any real problems with the latest software drivers so i always use those instead for now
Am i doing something wrong with the older drivers or does it not matter much and I’m fine with the newest version

I never ever ever have issues with my pen moving out of the distance to connect while playing with the current updated drivers and it starts happening immediately anytime i try to use the “best” drivers that everyone recommends
zeplic
Hi dad,

The lift off distance for the 480 is absurd- After using the 490 myself and putting spaghetti into the nib and lying to myself that it worked better for a rather large portion of my total play time I often forget that im allowed to lift off even 2x further than i am used to doing with my 480 tablet .

What tablet did you use before that you preceived to have a larger lift off distance? Please don't say mouse. Or do. But provide video :lol:
Topic Starter
Chef Fizzical
I’ve only used the 480 i just mean that the liftoff distance allowed feels larger and more forgiving with the newest drivers when compare to the “best” drivers that everyone uses (6.9.5). When i try the “best” drivers my pen always loses connection, but not with the newest drivers. But wouldn’t that mean that I’m currently playing with more input lag than i need to be by using the new drivers
Topic Starter
Chef Fizzical
Dad?
pandaBee
Been using 6.3.15-1 for a year and I've never noticed any lag. It's probably not a big deal.
Sasiyaki
It most likely isn't very important, (you can get used to it) or it's your imagination. However I'm 80% sure that drivers don't affect hover distance, or if they do it's extremely minimal (keeping in the mind that Wacom will try and optimize tablets for users best experience.) Also can you check the changelog of the different drivers and perhaps 2 or 3 versions before and after them to see if Wacom actually noted any changes?