forum

Bad Unstable Rate // How do i fix?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Poseidon
So now that i have started looking at my UR Meter, I have realised how inconsistent I am. Most players have it close together but mine is really spread, is there any way i can become more consistent with my acc.

What my UR Meter normally looks like https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9925937 :/
E m i
maybe by trying to sync the hitsounds to the music and realizing the constant intervals (ok usually) between beats in the song and thus each note (double if a note is omitted, halve if it's a stream... whatever)
- Zuramaru -
I feel that it generally boils down to practicing/playing more. Having a low UR doesn't necessarily mean you're hitting every note on time. It could mean that you're hitting notes consistently early or late If you haven't done so already, having my music volume to 50% and my effect (hitsound) volume to 100% helps me to know if I'm early or late. Also, playing songs at a difficulty you're comfortable with generally means you're able to get a lower UR as you're able to keep up and time to the song instead of mashing and guessing.
pandaBee
I can tell you the answer, but it will cost you your soul
Corim
hmm
ManuelOsuPlayer
Not everyone play in same way, so there is different ways to down your UR and have more control about it.
Some people use AR circles to tap. Look at AR circle while closing and click it just when match with the hitcircle ring. Practice looking at Ar circles to improve it. Check other skins...
Other people use Music beats. You tap to match your tapping exactly when the music beat it's going to hit. Listen carefull to music beats to improve it.
Other people use AR timming, rhythm, map flow or cursor movement to Acc. You look when the circle spawn and after practice you know exactly when to exactly hit it without care about music or Ar circles. just by timming. Practice at OD10 to learn faster the AR timmings.
Other people use mainly Hitsounds and other of the options i say above to start patterns. You listen the hitsounds and tap to make the hitsounds sound accurated with the rhythm.

For example i use hitsounds only to keep streams, music beat and ar circles to spaced slidders, only music beats to play fast tech slidders...
Find what you feel more confortable with and practice it.
Barusamikosu
Improving old scores with bad acc is a decent way to start. Try fixing some scores on easier maps lower in your top ranks and really focus on accuracy. It should be easier since you're already familiar with the map and the song.

Corim wrote:

hmm
Nice HR SSes
Akanagi
There's no actual way to fix UR, nor can you get low UR just by wishing really hard for it or even trying really hard.

It's affected by a lot of factors, and usually you will get waaay better URs on maps that are both very easy to tap, read and aim for you.

So generally any metronome map (maps that only feature 1 type of note at best, with maybe a triple here and there, usually pp maps) that is below your skill level and a decent OD will give you good UR results.

You should never expect to get good UR on a song that is too draining on your stamina, too hard to read, too fast, too hard to tap, and to a certain extent even too hard to aim for you.

You can't expect to magically get good UR on 270BPM maps when you just don't have the speed for them, and naturally your UR will turn bad when you misread notes, or if a song requires very good fingercontrol, as any kind of mashing (whatever the reason for it) will ultimately ruin the UR, even if it only happens a couple of time over a map, it does affect the median by a lot.

Also, you'll usually get better UR on maps with a very high OD, unless of course it comes with the difficulties mentioned above. Atleast for me it works like that.
I seem to subconsciously adjust to the looser OD on some maps and abuse it, while OD9-10 nets me better UR on average, as long as I meet all the other conditions required to play it.

An example for a map that makes it very easy to get good UR on is "Cold Green Eyes", as it's not hard to read, IIRC only has 1/2 notes and has a very comfortable BPM and no stamina requirement.
Pretty much any pp map without streams makes it easy to get good UR, even for beginners. Try "Cold green eyes" or "Get Jinxed".

TL;DR is: You can't improve UR. It comes naturally and is more of an indicator of a certain degree of mastery over a map. Even players with usually a very good UR will struggle to achieve the same UR on a map that is way more difficult (for whatever reason) than the ones they got their UR record on.
kanin91
try using a skin with thinner borders
YuwaHimeko

kanin91 wrote:

try using a skin with thinner borders
Maybe? I don't really think using skin with thinner borders will automatically fix UR..

The only thing I know is not to necropost 3 years old post~