forum

In-Game Star/Level Rating for individual map properties disp [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
hoihoisoi
Yo there, this just hit me for a moment so I'm going to write it out. In any case, now in osu we only have the overall rating for maps (Which is 5 stars being the max). This is fine and dandy and all, but it doesn't tell much about the song's detailed difficulty. What I thought was to make a drop box (Which can be toggled manually/auto either way) that showed the star rating (out of 5) or level (Out of 10) for the individual properties of the map in which the mappers have input which are:

Hp Drain Rate

Circle size

Approach Rate

Overall difficulty

For one, I know that you can go to edit and check the properties via song setup. But lets say you have no idea what the song is at first go (Like in multiplayer) and you wanna get a rough idea of what it is (And you're somewhat lazy to go to edit and check), you can open the drop box and see the song's specs. In multiplayer, there can be a small panel showing this as well. In an case, this is just my personal opinion cause I realized that for quite some time now I often check song specs in edit and some times when I play a song, I didn't expect the AR to be that high. Sometimes it happens for HP drain as well.

So you know, just a small drop box would be able to tell a player of the individual specs of the songs. In any case, this is just a personal opinion, nothing more, nothing less. If I did offend anybody (In which I hope not), sorry in advance.
Winshley
I would agree. This saves the hassle of going to the Song Editor just to check the difficulty elements.

Instead of using star rating, how about adding a radar chart instead? :D
Sakura
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=67362

Or you could use the search function next time
Topic Starter
hoihoisoi
Oops, sorry. Will use the search function the next time.