forum

Mario Kart 7 weekly kartparties (Sat, 9 PM CST)

posted
Total Posts
show more
bomber34

mm201 wrote:

The same is true of the lightning bolt.
If blue shells originated from the environment instead of other racers, there'd be much more rage.
Na i just hate lightning bolts when i am gliding other a canyon
maybe but atleast you profit by lightning bolts if you get them and you can protect yourself if you are lucky enough to have a star.

I don't think there would be more rage maybe the same or less.
mm201

bomber34 wrote:

maybe but atleast you profit by lightning bolts if you get them and you can protect yourself if you are lucky enough to have a star.
More like,
*player 5 gets lightning*
*player 4 is in a star and unaffected*
*player 4 proceeds to ram players 3, 2, and 1 out of existence*

And they made the bullet bill so slow and stupid in this game, its only purpose is to serve as a hazard to players in low positions.
bomber34

mm201 wrote:

bomber34 wrote:

More like,
*player 5 gets lightning*
*player 4 is in a star and unaffected*
*player 4 proceeds to ram players 3, 2, and 1 out of existence*

And they made the bullet bill so slow and stupid in this game, its only purpose is to serve as a hazard to players in low positions.
but even then you as 5 would profit by it since you should be able to get ahead of atleast 4th or 3rd (in case the "old" 4 got the star)

Well atleast you can abuse the bullet bill in the "Wii Mushroom idk the english name ^^" if you using it in the right moment before the end of the track where all the many mushrooms you have to jump/glide other, it won't end until the final curve before the goal :3
Soaprman
I have mixed feelings on blue shells in 8th place. They do more damage from there since there are more people to hit, and it's always fun knowing that first place is almost certainly getting his shit ruined. On the other hand, it doesn't help move me into star ramming range.

And yeah, bullet bill is totally a booby prize in this game. So lame. Not even very fun to use.
bomber34

Soaprman wrote:

I have mixed feelings on blue shells in 8th place. They do more damage from there since there are more people to hit, and it's always fun knowing that first place is almost certainly getting his shit ruined. On the other hand, it doesn't help move me into star ramming range.

And yeah, bullet bill is totally a booby prize in this game. So lame. Not even very fun to use.
well maybe we can stop at this point about whining over items (sry that i started it ^^)

maybe you enjoy this
NaomiMinette
The poot...
Soaprman
It might be edited. Look at the numbers on everyone before the shortcut (and Toad after the shortcut). Multiple fifth places.
mm201
I should pick a heavy and see if I can ram some CPUs into the Maka Wuhu glitch.
NaomiMinette
Heavy + Mushroom + (nearly) perfect alignment*
RemmyX25

mm201 wrote:

I should pick a heavy and see if I can ram some CPUs into the Maka Wuhu glitch.

Good luck
mm201
So I'm going to abstain from Kart until I've worked through some obligations to work and to osu!stream. That means I'll have a hard time dropping in on kartparties for the next 3 weeks or so.
jjrocks
Who will I star ram now ;-;
bomber34

jjrocks wrote:

You can ram me so much you want ... if we ever have the next kartparty which for my timezone possible ;)
It sucks that i can't chat in osu! while playing MK7 :(
NaomiMinette

jjrocks wrote:

There's always Soap :D

Inb4starramsigwithmeonit
Soaprman
Sorry, my signature is dedicated to my favoritest pet beatmap right now. But it's a solid idea that deserves exploring when the time comes!
NaomiMinette
I'm looking forward to it? XD
bomber34
Finally got 3 stars everywhere xD
had to do 150cc like 20 times, farmed other 600 coins though ^^

Please give me nice words for my torture like:
this is nothing special

;) I found my personal kart now ^^
Btw is there a border where you don't get any new kart parts with coins?
got 2500 now ^^
Mianki

bomber34 wrote:

The border is 5,000 coins.
But it goes higher if you want to unlock gold glider for 10,000 coins and gold standard body for 20,000 coins. But there's another way to unlock them, check the link.
Got info from: http://www.wiinintendo.net/2011/11/29/m ... ks-cheats/
bomber34

Mianki wrote:

bomber34 wrote:

The border is 5,000 coins.
But it goes higher if you want to unlock gold glider for 10,000 coins and gold standard body for 20,000 coins. But there's another way to unlock them, check the link.
Got info from: http://www.wiinintendo.net/2011/11/29/m ... ks-cheats/

thx very much :D
I guess i will collect them while racing online ^^
NaomiMinette
I'm too lazy to get that many coins, and I can't do that "other" way to unlock everything... I also can't be bothered to play MK7 unless there's a kartparty going on, and Worldwide isn't as fun for me since I can't chat against my opponents...
CNM501
I've already achieved 10 000 Coins and got the Golden Glider, now I just need 10 000 VR to get the Gold Kart and I believe i'm complete. :D
Soaprman
I'm sitting on a little over 5000 so I have all the non-golden parts. Which is enough for me. I'll leave the driving the gaudy blingmobiles to you guys.

And I only generally race Worldwide when a friend or two is around racing too. I will very occasionally go solo though and just hope someone hooks on.
Dieathan
I have the gold wheels from getting a star rank on all the cups but trying to unlock all the parts seems like it would take too long. The 10 coin limit in a single race and the fact that coins collected in Time Trial don't add to your coin total certainly doesn't make things any quicker either.
NaomiMinette
Wait, what? I thought getting coins in general (Time Trial aside; unsure about Coin Battle/Runners) added to your count?
Soaprman
It is kind of crazy how much work is required to unlock everything. I have something like 60-70 hours logged on the game yet there are parts I don't have (golden parts)... I only hit 5000 coins recently.

And yeah, only coins from races count. Time trial and battle don't.
Derekku
We need some of these in MK7 for Blaze~

NaomiMinette
Oh, dear go--*blue shelled*

Also, if you mean me "riding" one, sure :D If you mean targeting me, poot you. I hope you keep falling into pits and keep going out-of-bounds >_>
mm201
The Giant Blue Shell is a docile creature which prefers peacefully following along tracks more than physical confrontation. However, it must NEVER be provoked.
NaomiMinette

mm201 wrote:

The Giant Blue Shell is a docile creature which prefers peacefully following along tracks more than physical confrontation. However, it must NEVER be provoked.
Lest you risk losing ALL your VR, total collected coins, and Community points :P
Soaprman

Blazevoir wrote:

Oh, dear go--*blue shelled*

Also, if you mean me "riding" one, sure :D If you mean targeting me, poot you. I hope you keep falling into pits and keep going out-of-bounds >_>
If that's what it takes to knock you off the track, then so be it.
NaomiMinette
*puts Worldwide game-face on* Just try to...
jjrocks

Blazevoir wrote:

*puts Worldwide game-face on* Just try to...
Worldwide is so easy though :c
NaomiMinette
Which is why I'd rather do Community (at least if I'm able to actually communicate with the people involved in it).
Soaprman
But on worldwide you can spam Maka Wuhu and assert your authority over people with 1000 VR who just got the game this afternoon!
NaomiMinette
...Moving on.

So I'm just gonna go ahead and post this. Though it was unintentional, we've been having kartparties during weekends a majority of the time (which obviously makes more sense than having it during weekdays, but anyway), so... weekly weekend kartparties: yes or no? (This is just so I don't have to keep posting whenever we have one.)
Xgor

Blazevoir wrote:

...Moving on.

So I'm just gonna go ahead and post this. Though it was unintentional, we've been having kartparties during weekends a majority of the time (which obviously makes more sense than having it during weekdays, but anyway), so... weekly weekend kartparties: yes or no? (This is just so I don't have to keep posting whenever we have one.)
Yes please. (Make sure you have them at times when us europeans can join :( )
CNM501
I would have said yes but school is back for me now and weekdays are a no no :( Though if I do see a Kartparty during the week I wouldn't mind hopping in for a bit if I can. :)
NaomiMinette
I said weekly WEEKEND kartparties XD

Anyway, it depends on the others.
Mianki

Xgor wrote:

Yes please. (Make sure you have them at times when us europeans can join :( )
NaomiMinette
Well... I'm available during 3 PM - 2 AM CST (GMT -6) during the weekends, so I'll try to figure something out. (WTB> time converter scheduler)

Anyway, for those that aren't aware yet, PLEASE make sure kartparty is part of your highlights. We also meet up in #videogames during these kartparties.
show more