forum

Add a Karma/Reputation system... [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
DJKero
Well, the title says almost everything...

I want to know if there's a posibility to add a Reputation / Karma System like in some forums to the game and forums too... (All synchronized, i mean if you +1 someone in-game, in-forums will be reflected too...)

Just for keeping a idea of how is the human behind the account...

So, if you troll you will get bad reputation and if someone don't know you but he/she see your rep. they can get an idea of you, if you are fair player, not fair player, cool and helper or antipathic, troll, etc...

I see it just a good feature to add in near future...

What's your opinion about it?
Kitsunemimi
I don't think this is necessary for our forums.

Karma/Reputation is extremely useful for pirating or tutorial forums because those require a certain level of trust for the community to operate properly, but here in osu!, this is a forum for a game. Tutorials are somewhat rare here, and there isn't much to rate about people discussing random topics. We already have the beatmaps/feature request star system (which is broken atm) too. I can imagine a lot of downvoting going around in OT. Basically, you can consider MATs or BATs or GMTs to be people with good karma/reputation; so we pretty much already have all we need on this site.
ziin
so I could vote down unfair players?

What's an unfair player? Those who delete map elements?

I can't see reputation working any better than kudosu. If you don't mod maps, I don't really care what you think.
Suzully
I think it makes easier to regard someone as inferior like beatmap-rating.
Overall, I agree with Kitsunemimi's opinion.
There are 3 moderater teams, that's enough. ;)
senaya
karma and reputation won't work effectively. noticed that on every single forum where it was used.
there are indeed normal people who have deserved reputation, yet mostly users with huge positive karma are those who have power (moderators/administrators/etc) and those who chat 24/7 without any actual contribution to the community.
maybe i was just unlucky to see only these kinds of forums, but yeah.
F e r l e y
I think that could work but relatively to forums, for those who doesnt actually use the forums it would probably misbelieve about the person behind that account. In my opinion there should be something like reputation In-Game for gameplay reasons.. actually I'm making a request for it. ;)
Soaprman
I know I'll be downvoted for this, but...
Stefan
Sounds like Fame and Defame by MapleStory..
IMO bad and not neccessary.
Archangel Tirael
I do not support the idea,
because in that case, I have
karma as always would be
negative. ;)
boat
lol that wont work on here
peppy
The only thing I see a system like this causing is more multi-accounts.
Ekaru

peppy wrote:

The only thing I see a system like this causing is more multi-accounts.
This is exactly what happened on MapleStory. People who +rep typically only use one account while the -reppers often use a crapload of accounts. It's horrid.

Combine that with people who would make a new account just because of reputation and... yeah.
Azure_Kite
Combine that with the ever-growing part of the community who base opinions of other people here on other people's opinions and...... yeah.