forum

Moving the Combo meter? [osu!mania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LuckyPower_old
Hi I'm new to osu and really want to get into osu!mania, but the Combo meter is positioned exactly where I'd like to read from. It's distracting and hindering my performance

Is there a skin where it isn't in any of the lanes? Or just a general setting where I can move or hide it?
Death
I'm assuming you are talking about the hitbursts the appear showing how many points you got for hitting a note? For example 300, 200, etc. Or are you talking about the combo numbers themselves? Combo numbers can be hidden with shift+tab, but the hitbursts cannot.

Both of these are always vertically centered on the stage, but you can change the horizontal height through whatever skin you are using. In osu!'s options menu search for and select "Open current skin folder." Look for a file named "Skin.ini" and edit it with notepad. There should be some mania sections that look like this:
[Mania]

Keys: #
ScorePosition: #
ComboPosition: #

Changing the ComboPosition value will change where the combo numbers appear horizontally on screen and changing the ScorePosition value will change where the hitbursts appear. This has to be changed for each mania section if you want it to apply to every number of keys. Or you can set different values for different keys.

If you are using the default skin, create a skin.ini file and add the [Mania] sections in yourself.

For example, your entire skin.ini file can look like this:
[Mania]

Keys: 4
ComboPosition: 175
ScorePosition: 100

[Mania]
Keys: 5
ComboPosition: 1
ScorePosition: 0

When you are done editing the file, save it, and reload your skin in game with the shortcut "ctrl+alt+shift+s"

There are other settings in the skin.ini file you can play around with and there is a reference here.
YeOldFish
Hi. Even though this might be irrelevant now I'd like to share my solution for this problem. I had a skin which displayed the combo meter as a very small counter at the bottom. When I deceided to switch skins this became a problem for me aswell. I simply erased the numbers used for the counter in the skin folder of my new skin. After restarting the big combo counter was gone (obviously). Up until today, I don't regret having that counter removed.