forum

David Wise - Mining Melancholy

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shiro
Request taken from #modreqs.

Please reply to this mod saying what you didn't fix (and what you did) and why.
Also, if you have any question, feel free to ask me in-game. :)

General
  1. For a 1:30 song, I don't think the breaks are necessary...
Easy
  1. The comboing is quite inconsistent. You started using a new combo every big white tick, but stopped for no apparent reason. To stay consistent with the comboing of the very first patterns, do the following changes:
    00:18:499 (2) - new combo
    00:23:620 (3) - new combo
    00:27:461 (3) - This slider breaks the comboing, because the new combo should be on its end. You'll have to split the slider into slider - circle and use a new combo on the circle.
    00:49:226 (4,1) - Swap these new comboes.
    00:51:786 (3) - new combo
    00:53:067 (4) - Same as above: the slider breaks the comboing. Split into slider+circle and use a new combo on the circle.
    00:56:908 (3) - new combo
    01:02:029 (4) - new combo
    01:07:150 (3) - new combo
    01:12:271 (4) - new combo
  2. There are also blanks in the rhythm. I can understand why you left them (1/1 all over the place can be boring and stuff), but in this case, the map is short, and the 1/1 does fit quite well, so these missing beats feel actually bad. Add circles on:
    00:25:541 -
    01:03:949 -
    01:08:430 (4) - one special case. This slider would fit the song better if it was 1/1 later (that is one white tick later) - listen to the song - and a circle placed where it used to be
Normal
  • Only things I have to say is that there are too many stacks to my taste. Stacks make rhythm very difficult to read because of the absence of distance between the circles and the hitbursts covering the approach circles. Especially things like 00:46:345 (1,2,1,2) - that use different rhythms in consecutive stacks.
  1. Also the spacing reduction in the last section. The 1/2 beats look like they didn't change, while the 1/1 clearly changed spacings, and that might be quite confusing.
Hard
  • Suddenly grid4.
  1. 00:54:027 (4) - Like for Easy, the slider breaks the comboing.
  2. 00:59:468 (7,1) - Swap new comboes (like for Easy)
Collab
  • Blue Dragon
  1. The blanks in the beginning feel extremely weird. You could map them, like do some sort of echo, using the same patterns with lower hitsounds, and use the dark combo colours for the echo or something.
Mismagius

Odaril wrote:

Collab
  • Blue Dragon
  1. The blanks in the beginning feel extremely weird. You could map them, like do some sort of echo, using the same patterns with lower hitsounds, and use the dark combo colours for the echo or something.
I don't want to uselessly overmap it. As it is, it fits with the song, and it doesn't drain the HP much (since the new combos will recover it). Unless this is a really serious error, I think it's fine as it is.
Topic Starter
Cubex

Odaril wrote:

Request taken from #modreqs.

Please reply to this mod saying what you didn't fix (and what you did) and why.
Also, if you have any question, feel free to ask me in-game. :)

General
  1. For a 1:30 song, I don't think the breaks are necessary... Breaks fitting (imo). So, no, sorry.
Easy
  1. The comboing is quite inconsistent. You started using a new combo every big white tick, but stopped for no apparent reason. To stay consistent with the comboing of the very first patterns, do the following changes:
    00:18:499 (2) - new combo Fixed.
    00:23:620 (3) - new combo Fixed.
    00:27:461 (3) - This slider breaks the comboing, because the new combo should be on its end. You'll have to split the slider into slider - circle and use a new combo on the circle. Fixed.
    00:49:226 (4,1) - Swap these new comboes. Fixed.
    00:51:786 (3) - new combo Fixed.
    00:53:067 (4) - Same as above: the slider breaks the comboing. Split into slider+circle and use a new combo on the circle. Fixed.
    00:56:908 (3) - new combo Fixed.
    01:02:029 (4) - new combo Fixed.
    01:07:150 (3) - new combo Fixed.
    01:12:271 (4) - new combo Fixed.
  2. There are also blanks in the rhythm. I can understand why you left them (1/1 all over the place can be boring and stuff), but in this case, the map is short, and the 1/1 does fit quite well, so these missing beats feel actually bad. Add circles on:
    00:25:541 - Fixed.
    01:03:949 - Fixed.
    01:08:430 (4) - one special case. This slider would fit the song better if it was 1/1 later (that is one white tick later) - listen to the song - and a circle placed where it used to be Fixed.
Normal
  • Only things I have to say is that there are too many stacks to my taste. Stacks make rhythm very difficult to read because of the absence of distance between the circles and the hitbursts covering the approach circles. Especially things like 00:46:345 (1,2,1,2) - that use different rhythms in consecutive stacks. Fixed.
  1. Also the spacing reduction in the last section. The 1/2 beats look like they didn't change, while the 1/1 clearly changed spacings, and that might be quite confusing.Fixed.

Hard
  • Suddenly grid4.
  1. 00:54:027 (4) - Like for Easy, the slider breaks the comboing. Fixed.
  2. 00:59:468 (7,1) - Swap new comboes (like for Easy) Fixed.

Collab
  • Blue Dragon
  1. The blanks in the beginning feel extremely weird. You could map them, like do some sort of echo, using the same patterns with lower hitsounds, and use the dark combo colours for the echo or something. Denied, sorry.
I guess i included all of your suggestions, maybe i overlooked something.. :P
Shiro
Alright, everything looks good now. Here's your bubble back~
Topic Starter
Cubex

Odaril wrote:

Alright, everything looks good now. Here's your bubble back~
Thanks.
Katsuri
:D
Bassio13
: D
Doomsday
I quite like this map, nice work.

Everything checks out, ranked!
Phish_old
Gratz to ur 1st ranked map >-> hate u now 4ever
Mismagius
yeahhhh ranked <3
Sakura
Guess im late for recheck, congrats on getting it ranked tho
Stefan
Gratuliere!! <3
Mismagius
add "blue" and "dragon" to tags? >: right now this is the only ranked map that has this tag
Sakura

Blue Dragon wrote:

add "blue" and "dragon" to tags? >: right now this is the only ranked map that has this tag
Fixed
Ekaru
Congratulations! ^_^
AIR315
Congratz~

8-)
Dino99
Congratz!!~~~~
marshallracer

Phish wrote:

Gratz to ur 1st ranked map >-> hate u now 4ever
Behon
Much love and thanks - DKC2 is my fave game soundtrack of all time.
halo398
Download: David Wise - Mining Melancholy (halo398) [Collab].osuheres my version of mining
Topic Starter
Cubex
This is post #69...

...so sweg

huehuehue ...so much fun

healo. (+:
[Luanny]
omg y u necro