forum

The Name Reduction Game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
keremaru
rules are simple:
1) you must name someone to start the name reducing if the last name was finished/the person came and answered (if you are the person who answered, this still applies). if there isn't a name in your post which is after the last one, then the name goes to the next person and they get to name who gets reduced.

2) after every post that the person named does not answer (i.e say "hi"), the name is reduced until either the person comes and says hi or it is reduced to nothing.
2a) in the event that the name is reduced to nothing, you may restart the name all over again, but the second time, you cannot reduce the name more than once. for example, if i were to restart husa's name, for some apparent reason, i can only reduce the name to "hus" and then another person has to reduce it to "hu", then they have to wait for someone else to reduce it, and so on and so forth. if the person who is being restarted comes and answers the restart, then they can get 2 reductions for one reduction on the next name (instead of reducing the name by one, they can reduce it by 2 instead). if they choose to take this option, then they have to wait at least 3-4 letters after their 2-letter reduction until they can reduce the name again.
2b) if the person answers the first name call, then they get to choose who is being called next. for example, if yuhaii/elainex was being called and they answer, then they get to choose who will be called next, for example, sparky.
2c) in the case of someone's name being reduced to nothing, you can instead do another name and not suffer the one-time name reduction per user. however, the person might not feel good afterwards and you might have ruined their day, so it's always nicer to restart. ffs this game is starting in the winter season, so show some christmas spirit yo.

3) you can reduce the name of someone any amount of times, except on a restart. but it has to be spread out, not like i can say "cynplytholowazy" and keep on reducing it. i have to wait until someone else reduces it, and then i can reduce it another time, and if the situation arises, vice versa. this rule applies to the 2-letter reduce, but on a cooldown-feature instead. if you attempt to do otherwise, you lose 10 turns consecutively (carries on to someone else's name if the one you were on is short enough to carry), and the name you tried to finish gets reset back to the first time you reduced it, and the game continues. essentially, don't try to do/run through someone's name by yourself. if you feed a name (reduce it until the last letter), this is considered as the "otherwise" clause and it gets reset back to the first letter you reduced. since this is not running through the name, the turn-loss is instead reduced to 6.

edit: also since this is a bit confusing for the first few names i'll let people remove a letter on their post with the person's name (you do [2a]/[2b]/[2c] and then just remove the letter on the first post)

and so without further ado, let's start the game.
since there is nobody above me, i guess i might as well do a summon.

Meah
vinnicci
meh
Meah
what is this
Topic Starter
keremaru

Meah wrote:

what is this

basically you remove a letter from someone's name and then the reduction continues until the person comes and says hi.
it's a little bit like "guess who's next", but more prolonged.
[ Pingu ]
kermal
Topic Starter
keremaru
henlo
DJ Entro
vinnicci
DJEntro
Husa
DEntro
levesterz
Dntro
Meah
levester
Husa
wut? Keremal explain the rules better plz i dont undrstand those long texts

ot leveste
Keiger
levste
Husa
leste
Topic Starter
keremaru

Husa wrote:

wut? Keremal explain the rules better plz i dont undrstand those long tex

ok so you just remove a letter and pass it down until the person with the name being reduced comes and says hi. if they don't come, then you can restart the name, but only reduce the name once. if they do come and say hi, then they get to choose someone else's name to reduce. those long texts on the first post are mostly just clauses XD

ot: lste
Zekks
ste
Husa

keremal wrote:

Husa wrote:

wut? Keremal explain the rules better plz i dont undrstand those long tex
ok so you just remove a letter and pass it down until the person with the name being reduced comes and says hi. if they don't come, then you can restart the name, but only reduce the name once. if they do come and say hi, then they get to choose someone else's name to reduce. those long texts on the first post are mostly just clauses XD

ot: lste
Oh so I cant post more than once before the person itself shows up? Woops
Topic Starter
keremaru

Husa wrote:

Oh so I cant post more than once before the person itself shows up? Woops

you can, but that only happens on a reset(edit:)/restart of a name.
ot:
se