Hey, When I try updating, it says it updates, but then closes and tried again endlessly
MysticalAce wrote:So, I tried this and it worked. Thank you for this . However, I did notice a problem with the framerate for some reason. It would occasionally have random lag spikes while playing a beatmap.
TheWerdna338 wrote:This is how to get osu! running on mac OS high sierra if you want the stable release, NOT the latest release. Osu! will work but will be locked to the Stable (Fallback) release stream. This should be a guarentee for osu! to work on your mac (with OS high sierra), but if not let me know:
1. Download the 'Stable Release (2015-10-17)' from the osu download for mac website, http://osuosx.tumblr.com/
2. Once downloaded and placed into applications, right click on osu!, click on 'show package contents' and open winsekin.
3. In wineskin, click on 'set screen options' and make sure only the two top boxes are checked, 'Use mac driver instead of x11' and 'decorate windows'
4. Now go back to main winsekin window, click on 'advanced', then 'tools', then 'winetricks' and in the search bar, search 'video', click on 'settings' and check the box which says 'videomemorysixe=2048' and run this. (If you get an error when trying to run, then go back to 'tools' and click 'kill wineskin process')
5. Now click on 'test run' or just open up osu! normally, and it should work.
I found out all the settings in "Framelimiter" will lag you, except V-sync. I have no idea why this is. Im using a laptop too. It might be different on an actual desktop than a laptop lol