forum

Culling of Ranked Songs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
eyup
As you can probably see, the list for ranked beatmaps is getting larger every day - which is a great thing for the community. However there will be periodic culls of older, unpopular songs to keep the size of the list in check.

The current beatmaps which are in line for culling are:
  1. Jay Chou - Tornado (Long Juan Feng) (fruit)
  2. Storm Lee - Comin' Up For Air (Behonkiss)
  3. Wang Lee Hom - Not Your Average Thug (chan)
  4. Buddah Bar - Mambo Craze (Extor)
  5. Erisis - Owarinaki Tabibito (Elmo)
There are some very nice songs and beatmaps in this list! They may not be on this list because they are unpopular, but because people haven't scrolled that far back in the beatmap list. No one likes to see a map culled so show your support for these maps by playing and ranking them! Every play you rack up may make the difference between the map staying, or getting evicted! (Uh oh... sounds a bit too much like Big Brother now.)

Get behind the creators of these beatmaps and play them! That's what this thread is really for! ;)
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Join the cause! SAVE MY MAP!!!

*cough* Oh, and uhh, theirs too. >_>;

Also, anyone have suggestions as to how to make these maps stay? Tell us!
Kylecito
aaaw... mambo craze is a really catchy song ;(
Echo
If these songs get enough plays, then the next six will go, right?

edit: also, if a song gets removed, do all the points for that song go as well?
Topic Starter
eyup

hitoshirenu wrote:

Join the cause! SAVE MY MAP!!!
I have no idea why Motherland is even on this List :shock: . Such a nice song and nice beatmap! I'm guessing it's a lack of awareness. Hurry up and go play it people!

Echo49 wrote:

If these songs get enough plays, then the next six will go, right?

edit: also, if a song gets removed, do all the points for that song go as well?
There won't be any forced culling - if all of the songs on The List pick up in popularity then they won't be culled, full stop. There won't be replacements on The List. But after a while, a new List shall manifest itself...

If a song does get removed, then yeah, the points would probably go too.

NB: Beatmappers spamming up their own beatmaps in order to save them beware: the All Seeing Eye (peppy) will notice and will STRIKE YOU DOWN.
Topic Starter
eyup
Hallelujah, Crystal Kay - Motherland is saved! Go and rescue those other maps people :D
awp
Hopefully the newly implemented Roulette function will assist.
Topic Starter
eyup
It won't - peppy will devhax it so it brings up Funky Cat every time :mrgreen:
awp
Maybe.

see that pun there lol
Ivalset
holy shit awp you are a master