forum

Annoyed.

posted
Total Posts
show more
A8mew
I've been playing for over a year and a half.

I can't FC bugger all.

Don't let it bother you, just play harder stuff that pushes the envelope, that maybe only a few people have FC'd.
Espionage724
I tried a song over 500 times before I actually completed it once. Then about 100 more plays on that song later, I FC'd it. This was on Hard :p I think Insane has even more retries, and I can still barely pass it...

There's like 5 songs I have in my library that I want to be able to pass on Insane, but can't for some reason. I'm sure I'll be able to pass them eventually, but I do rage whenever I fail. Then it gets worse if I try to retry the song, because then I'll just fail quicker, and quicker... then eventually won't be able to even go 5 seconds in the song without mass failure :/ (which pretty much leads me to just not retry songs, unless I fail within like 10 seconds or so).

I try to FC songs that usually just get Ranked on lower difficulties. I like being ranked high on a song (even though it won't last) :p Other then that, if I play a song that is easy on harder difficulties that I know have no troublesome parts, I'll try to FC it, rage when I miss a beat, finish the song, and move on.

With that said, I don't exactly understand how or why you can get better at osu! just by playing it repeatedly. I just assume I'll be able to FC songs with DT and HR within a year :p (probably a bad assumption though, idk) I play maybe an hr a day, maybe more or less, and usually not in one session either.---------------
just for fun
bg source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/72007481
Topic Starter
F m L_old

Espionage724 wrote:

With that said, I don't exactly understand how or why you can get better at osu! just by playing it repeatedly. I just assume I'll be able to FC songs with DT and HR within a year :p (probably a bad assumption though, idk) I play maybe an hr a day, maybe more or less, and usually not in one session either.
asians can :D
Rii_old_1
It mainly depends on the amount of fun you have in it. People can easily do double time in 2 months total play time if they have the right training method and the right amount of enjoying it.
MonoCholor
Lol asians again. *between asia and europe* f*ck.

Just try to enjoy. I think it depends on time. You can download beatmap packs to face different styles and it may help you o.o
Espionage724

MonoCholor wrote:

Lol asians again. *between asia and europe* f*ck.

Just try to enjoy. I think it depends on time. You can download beatmap packs to face different styles and it may help you o.o
Yea I do agree with that. I usually only play the usual 20 or so beatmaps I think I have, but doing beatmap packs for the achievements is fun also occasionally.

On Video Game Pack 1 though... Team Nekokan - Can't Defeat Airman was just painful... but awesome after I finally beat it :p
Winshley
Being Asian has nothing to do with skills... :?

I keep on playing not just in hope that I can pass it, but also learn from the mistakes I did, train myself and redo the part where I failed.

P.S: @Espionage724: I'm an SS freak, and SSing that beatmap does take a challenge on myself. :P
Topic Starter
F m L_old
Its not skills

Its natural born winner

Anyways, i can only fc after like 10 tries now which im pretty happy about but still trying not to care about fc's is hardddd
too used to it because of CTB
Winshley
You mean "talent". :P

I'm Asian, but I have no such talents. :(
Topic Starter
F m L_old
Natural born winner > same as talent

Not everyone has it, some people do
thelewa
You can get good with a fuckload of practice though, even if you didn't have any talent.

Having a good sense of rhythm always helps though and you can't really practice that.
Topic Starter
F m L_old

ragelewa wrote:

You can get good with a fuckload of practice though, even if you didn't have any talent.

Having a good sense of rhythm always helps though and you can't really practice that.
Yeah you can get better by practicing really hard, but it gets boring after while if you just do hardcore training.
You can actually improve your rhythm by listening to some rhythm music.
Rii_old_1
pretend to stream with your fingers while not playing. like sitting in the bus, listen to music, and try to move your fingers to the beat while enjoying.
hoihoisoi
Just keep on playing and don't give up. By the time one of your friends come over and say

"WOW! HOW THE HECK DO YOU CLICK!?"

You know your hard work has payed off. It's all practice, practice, practice.

Unless of course it's your mouse setting and you've set your pointer precision on, which can sometimes screw up gameplay.....had that prob once....
Rii_old_1
oh and force proportions on the tablet, that would be very important, might be weird at first, but you'll get used to it, and you'll notice better aim in time.
For tablet area, try out different areas, full is my personal favorite now, also because it's easier to aim precisely.
reading other people's comments reminds me of tips
Mythras
Seriously practice the same maps hours every day. Pay attention as much as you can. You'll improve!
Topic Starter
F m L_old

Guujin wrote:

oh and force proportions on the tablet, that would be very important, might be weird at first, but you'll get used to it, and you'll notice better aim in time.
For tablet area, try out different areas, full is my personal favorite now, also because it's easier to aim precisely.
reading other people's comments reminds me of tips
maybe i should put it on
never had it
lolcubes
Try playing short maps at first. Hard short maps are still hard, and I noticed that in my case, concentration drops after a while, so I start doing stupid things.
Sup A Noob
Try playing with 80% ears and 20% eyes for reading. It helps.
kriers
Attack those super hard maps straight away.
If you give up, you've got the wrong attitude and that's too bad for you, really.

I sucked after 2 months of playing.
shaNk_old
What's up dude, I've been playing for around 4-5 months now, I'm ranked 130ish(a lot of fcs) and can take on a lot of #1's. Here's some tips that might help you out. First of all you want to have the best setup as possible for comfortable gameplay (good kb, no pixel skip on ur mouse, a decent poistion of play, a big comfortable area on ur tablet since it'll help in the long run etc.)

Afterwards if u wanna help urself and get better as fast as possible, ur gonna want to play songs slightly to hard for you constantly, and also don't farm the same maps to much that way there's no memorization included in ur practice.

After there's a mistake that I see a fu** ton of players do, and that is to play way to much on the visuals. Osu is a rythm game and the hitsounds should be turned up high so u hear em clearly, and play to the music, aim with ur keyboard.

I would put more info in here but I'm typing from cellphone atm, if u have any questions or need an opinion feel free to hit me up!

Hope it helps
mathexpert

shaNk wrote:

aim with ur keyboard.
?
shaNk_old
As in focus on tapping at the right time and such befor thinking about ur aim, aim will come by itself over time

Accuracy is a way bigger part of osu than the aim mechanic itself( for tablet players, can't say for sure about other setups but I'm pretty sure it'd be among those lines also)
Topic Starter
F m L_old

shaNk wrote:

What's up dude, I've been playing for around 4-5 months now, I'm ranked 130ish(a lot of fcs) and can take on a lot of #1's. Here's some tips that might help you out. First of all you want to have the best setup as possible for comfortable gameplay (good kb, no pixel skip on ur mouse, a decent poistion of play, a big comfortable area on ur tablet since it'll help in the long run etc.)

Afterwards if u wanna help urself and get better as fast as possible, ur gonna want to play songs slightly to hard for you constantly, and also don't farm the same maps to much that way there's no memorization included in ur practice.

After there's a mistake that I see a fu** ton of players do, and that is to play way to much on the visuals. Osu is a rythm game and the hitsounds should be turned up high so u hear em clearly, and play to the music, aim with ur keyboard.

I would put more info in here but I'm typing from cellphone atm, if u have any questions or need an opinion feel free to hit me up!

Hope it helps

Yeah, I keep pushing myself to play these hard/insane songs so i could get better.
Problem is that i dont have any confidence after i fail too much.
I guess its just natural for me, not to think big of myself.
Thanks anyways!
shaNk_old
sounds deeper than a osu problem to me then ^^
mochi
sounds like you're crying because you weren't born a genius at osu
kriers
Shank was born a genius at osu!. I'm so jelly :'(
Mara
Drink vodka and play.

FisHie disagrees with me, since he has expriences with this.
IppE
Vodka doesn't work that well with osu!

Something mild brings better results.
Salvage
i played over 2 years now and i still retry some times to fc insanes .. and rage like so much, actually this game it's the only game that makes me rage to the point i want to smash my entire room and eat my family then lay in my bed till i die ..

and that's because i hate A's and i retry stuff till i fc them .. still the only way to get better is playing, seems like you don't have to care about fcing things cause i know people that started like 1 year after me who don't care about fcs and play way better than me .. idk just a personal advice.

i still don't care and will play for the S's ever :3.
thelewa

shaNk wrote:

sounds deeper than a osu problem to me then ^^
Nah it's normal, it's really common in Finland to have a real fucking low self esteem. It's like a national thing or something, like sauna.

qilliam wrote:

sounds like you're crying because you weren't born a genius at osu
it hurts so much

Salvage wrote:

i want to eat my family
I get that too
Topic Starter
F m L_old
Maybe its just the way that i hate A's
who knows

and yes im mad because im not genius at osu /cry
maal
You're pro now?!?!?!?!?!
hoihoisoi
Just play about a 100 songs everyday and set a score like probably 3 mil for each song and just keep playing.
Neruell
After 2 years of osu! sometimes I need 200-300 tries to fc an easy song without mods. Sometimes I fc them with uber mods in less than 100 tries and get a high rank like top 10 for sure. I would suggest maybe play more multiplayer, since it did help me a bit in that situation but everyone is different.
Topic Starter
F m L_old

Emaal wrote:

You're pro now?!?!?!?!?!
nah not yet
maal

F m L wrote:

Emaal wrote:

You're pro now?!?!?!?!?!
nah not yet
contact me when you are. i want your babies in my ear.
Topic Starter
F m L_old
oh noo
help me
Anchobee
Practice always works, i think. It took me 5 months to start playing Insane maps and it took me another 3 months to play *easy* insane maps with DT on

also,

only passed that 4 times... you know what i mean
Topic Starter
F m L_old

Kitsuyuki wrote:

Practice always works, i think. It took me 5 months to start playing Insane maps and it took me another 3 months to play *easy* insane maps with DT on

also,

only passed that 4 times... you know what i mean
yeah

i can pass that map
problem is

I HATE A's

aaaaaaaaaaaaa
show more