forum

Annoyed.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
F m L_old
So its been over 2 months since ive started playing, basically i cant fc anything

Or i can after 30-40 tries which takes forever

Any tips or tricks to stop raging or getting annoyed?

By tips or tricks i mean getting better in fcing songs

(no retarded comments, please)
Firo Prochainezo
Ragequit.

But no, really, just stop caring about the FC and have fun.
maal

F m L wrote:

So its been over 2 months since ive started playing, basically i cant fc anything

By anything, what do you define?
Because I hope most certainly, that you can fc a 1 star map on just 1 try, if you've been playing for two months.
Rii_old_1
Do hardcore training on stuff you can't fc. (insane+dt)
Don't give a shit about fcing stuff, no need to rage over rankings or anything, you won't get #1 anyway.
Just have fun and you will get better faster.

edit: you can become my training partner if you'd like, just pm me on forums or ingame
Topic Starter
F m L_old

Emaal wrote:

F m L wrote:

By anything, what do you define?
Because I hope most certainly, that you can fc a 1 star map on just 1 try, if you've been playing for two months.
As in Insanes/Collab's
Shael_old
2 months isn't enough for that

osu is a practice game, you can't really "buy" skill so everything you can do is play and play and play and play till you get better
Rii_old_1

Shael wrote:

2 months isn't enough for that

osu is a practice game, you can't really "buy" skill so everything you can do is play and play and play and play till you get better
erm 1 month is more than enough for that.
Glass
play james maps
Louis Cyphre
Play my maps.
maal
If Insane's, you should totally take it easy. It actually took me about 2 years, to barely survive an Insane. Take it smooth and easy, everything comes with practice in this game. Some maps are also not FCable just from sightreading. :3
Wishy
Just play insanes until you FC them in a single play, you'll get there eventually.
Topic Starter
F m L_old

Wishy22 wrote:

Just play insanes until you FC them in a single play, you'll get there eventually.
Yeah i can FC like the easier insanes..
but the other ones are hard which usually end up with A rank
f e a r
Don't think about it, the only thing I've gotten from trying to FC is a high playcount orz
But seriously, keep on playing and as Shael said, it's a practice game so you kinda have to be patient about it. xP 'tis only my opinion
Winshley
Keep on playing and just try to relax and focus. Put more dedication: keep on playing, practice, practice, and practice! Don't forget to take breaks if you have played for a long time (since you're going to be tired later, and breaks the combo more often anyway).

You can also use Song Editor to learn on tackling the correct rhythm, especially on harder parts.

I played this difficulty (it says "Hard", but for me it's "Insane" enough especially when I use HardRock mod on since I just played that with a mouse :P), and I have 1344 play count there. I only managed to FC 4 times out of 1344 plays, and only one of them is SS (which I've been aiming for). It's merely dedications. :P
thelewa

F m L wrote:

Dude I played like 5 months until I even started playing insanes.
Topic Starter
F m L_old

ragelewa wrote:

F m L wrote:

Dude I played like 5 months until I even started playing insanes.
So i should like stick with Hards and then after a while move on to insanes?
Kodoshi
no, stick to the ones pushing your limits, not the ones that are before it
Wishy
Plus don't try to FC those Insanes where even a bad FC gets you ranked, those are super insanes and really a few people can play them correctly.
Rii_old_1
PM NeverDie for hardcore training, that helps a lot. Bother him all day long for training
Topic Starter
F m L_old

Guujin wrote:

PM NeverDie for hardcore training, that helps a lot. Bother him all day long for training
hardcore you say?

thelewa

F m L wrote:

No, what I mean is that your current pace is sick and you shouldn't punish yourself for not fc'ing some insane maps when you have only played for 2 months. Just keep practicing and suddenly you'll be the best player in Finlando.

I think I was just TRYING to play hard difficulties when I had played for 2 months.
RhaiizoN
for me..after 2 months playing osu i already can FC'd any insane map but with bad acc. (sometimes got A rank) lolz.. what u need is practice like 10-15 hours perday DX
Topic Starter
F m L_old

ragelewa wrote:

F m L wrote:

No, what I mean is that your current pace is sick and you shouldn't punish yourself for not fc'ing some insane maps when you have only played for 2 months. Just keep practicing and suddenly you'll be the best player in Finlando.

I think I was just TRYING to play hard difficulties when I had played for 2 months.
Nah, ill never pass you but thanks for tip!
Rii_old_1

F m L wrote:

Guujin wrote:

hardcore you say?

http://puu.sh/8RB3
That was long ago, though I don't know about the story, but he's pro, his training really helps, look at shaNk and shimmy1234 for example, they became pro in such short time thanks to him.

edit: I myself also got a bit good training on insane+dt and getting 70%+ on most of them, though it should be better for 3 months of playing time.
A8mew
I've been playing for over a year and a half.

I can't FC bugger all.

Don't let it bother you, just play harder stuff that pushes the envelope, that maybe only a few people have FC'd.
Espionage724
I tried a song over 500 times before I actually completed it once. Then about 100 more plays on that song later, I FC'd it. This was on Hard :p I think Insane has even more retries, and I can still barely pass it...

There's like 5 songs I have in my library that I want to be able to pass on Insane, but can't for some reason. I'm sure I'll be able to pass them eventually, but I do rage whenever I fail. Then it gets worse if I try to retry the song, because then I'll just fail quicker, and quicker... then eventually won't be able to even go 5 seconds in the song without mass failure :/ (which pretty much leads me to just not retry songs, unless I fail within like 10 seconds or so).

I try to FC songs that usually just get Ranked on lower difficulties. I like being ranked high on a song (even though it won't last) :p Other then that, if I play a song that is easy on harder difficulties that I know have no troublesome parts, I'll try to FC it, rage when I miss a beat, finish the song, and move on.

With that said, I don't exactly understand how or why you can get better at osu! just by playing it repeatedly. I just assume I'll be able to FC songs with DT and HR within a year :p (probably a bad assumption though, idk) I play maybe an hr a day, maybe more or less, and usually not in one session either.---------------
just for fun
bg source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/72007481
Topic Starter
F m L_old

Espionage724 wrote:

With that said, I don't exactly understand how or why you can get better at osu! just by playing it repeatedly. I just assume I'll be able to FC songs with DT and HR within a year :p (probably a bad assumption though, idk) I play maybe an hr a day, maybe more or less, and usually not in one session either.
asians can :D
Rii_old_1
It mainly depends on the amount of fun you have in it. People can easily do double time in 2 months total play time if they have the right training method and the right amount of enjoying it.
MonoCholor
Lol asians again. *between asia and europe* f*ck.

Just try to enjoy. I think it depends on time. You can download beatmap packs to face different styles and it may help you o.o
Espionage724

MonoCholor wrote:

Lol asians again. *between asia and europe* f*ck.

Just try to enjoy. I think it depends on time. You can download beatmap packs to face different styles and it may help you o.o
Yea I do agree with that. I usually only play the usual 20 or so beatmaps I think I have, but doing beatmap packs for the achievements is fun also occasionally.

On Video Game Pack 1 though... Team Nekokan - Can't Defeat Airman was just painful... but awesome after I finally beat it :p
Winshley
Being Asian has nothing to do with skills... :?

I keep on playing not just in hope that I can pass it, but also learn from the mistakes I did, train myself and redo the part where I failed.

P.S: @Espionage724: I'm an SS freak, and SSing that beatmap does take a challenge on myself. :P
Topic Starter
F m L_old
Its not skills

Its natural born winner

Anyways, i can only fc after like 10 tries now which im pretty happy about but still trying not to care about fc's is hardddd
too used to it because of CTB
Winshley
You mean "talent". :P

I'm Asian, but I have no such talents. :(
Topic Starter
F m L_old
Natural born winner > same as talent

Not everyone has it, some people do
thelewa
You can get good with a fuckload of practice though, even if you didn't have any talent.

Having a good sense of rhythm always helps though and you can't really practice that.
Topic Starter
F m L_old

ragelewa wrote:

You can get good with a fuckload of practice though, even if you didn't have any talent.

Having a good sense of rhythm always helps though and you can't really practice that.
Yeah you can get better by practicing really hard, but it gets boring after while if you just do hardcore training.
You can actually improve your rhythm by listening to some rhythm music.
show more