forum

I have a suggestion concerning Off-Topic. (And others.) [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Haseo_old
Wouldn't it be possible to have all posts in OT counted as forum posts?

I know that the reason why those posts are not counted is because of some users who effortlessly keep on posting / spamming without reason. With that in mind, I thought of a few forum rules that can turn the tables on some issues regarding this suggestion.

• A longer wait time between every post (probably 20 to 30 seconds or so)
    Display a warning to the user who's trying to doublepost or bump a thread which is at least 2 months inactive
    Someone who could maintain users who keep on posting a new topic one after another
Azure_Kite
General Discussion IS counted. Just saying. Maybe you could try it.
Topic Starter
Haseo_old

Azure_Kyte wrote:

General Discussion IS counted.
Oh. Fixing thread title.
Cheer-no
Forum Games definitely shouldn't count towards postcount. Off Topic is really debatable, hmm... I think the current system is for the best though - sure there are plenty of threads in Off Topic where posts are worthy of being counted, but there's no way to differentiate them from the shitty threads with 2-word responses. Even the so-called "good" threads usually have less meaningful content than posts elsewhere, so might as well not count any at all.
EpicFailure
Oh! You must be referring to me! -cough-
I agree with Cheer-no about forum games shouldn't be count toward post counts. The Off-Topic idea doesn't sounds so bad, as you're still contributing to threads in a way, more than forum games.

Don't harm my forum games. Kthx. o3o

As for how it's now, post counts shows how helpful you actually are on the forum. At least to me.
Better off showing how active and helpful someone is than just having massive post count of silly posts, like that guy called EpicFailure. :3
Azure_Kite

EpicFailure wrote:

As for how it's now, post counts shows how helpful you actually are on the forum. At least to me.
Better off showing how active and helpful someone is than just having massive post count of silly posts.:3

This. Entirely.
awp
why does post count matter? To my knowledge, it doesn't really do anything apart from forum title, which also doesn't do anything.
Soaprman
Just let people set their own post count.
Topic Starter
Haseo_old

Soaprman wrote:

Just let people set their own post count.
Not bad.