forum

Hiding rank/leaderboard inconsistency [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Marseille
Hopefully people won't look at this thread and say oh crap it's another one of /those/ threads.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if this is the right place for it...it could also be in feature requests? It's pretty much a mere question im posing, as I was not able to find an answer searching the forum.

I've read through several threads and I've seen that hiding the leaderboard in multiplayer gets denied many times. I've noticed you can press "tab" for a song. I don't have a problem with that. While playing however, I noticed that your current rank is displayed in the lower right of the screen. It updates with the leaderboard throughout the song and is depicted as a reasonably sized "1st", "2nd", "3rd" and so on. Now, my question isn't whether it can be hidden; rather, I'm wondering why the leaderboard is hidden while the rank is not. It seems inconsistent to me, why aren't both hidden or both shown? For me, seeing the rank defeats the purpose of hiding the leaderboard. As a result, I am interested in knowing why.

Thanks for reading.
Sakura
Moving to feature requests
Sync
In rooms where there are 4+ people, the leaderboards show where each player stands (including yourself). With the ranking, you only know what rank you place in.
Tshemmp
Anyway this is not a bad idea. I don't need such a "hide rank"-feature (yeah, I play with leaderboard, spectator list and video), but many others would probably appreciate it.
Louis Cyphre
No.