forum

I cleared the map with SS and shows an A [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
solmayoe
This happened in three beatmaps i completed one after the other. Doesn't happen for further maps i completed but i wonder if this is common or if there is a way to fix this. Thanks.

Kitsunemimi
Nice resource hack you got going there?

Just kidding. Anyways, I believe it happens if you delete/rebuild your map database (it removes all the saved rankings you have for maps), then play the map again and get a different ranking on it. For some reason, osu! no longer instantly redownloads your rankings from the server, so it can't keep proper track of your rankings until it redownloads them (which I don't know what triggers it to).
Winshley
I wonder if there's a trigger to redownload your scores from the online scoreboard, but I do know there's a workaround in it.

----------

Step 1: Mark the song as "Not Played"

There's no official way to mark the map as "Not played", but you can use one of the workarounds:
Method 1 (the fastest way to unmark one beatmap without downloading from site)
Go to the Song folder (you can use the Song Editor mode and click on "File" > "Open song folder"), make duplicate of one of the map, and then exit Song editor. The map should be marked as "Not played" since it treats that you made changes to the beatmap set. You can then delete the duplicated beatmap.
Method 2 (requires you to just download .osu file)
Delete the difficulty and then redownload the .osu file from website and put it into song folder (again, you can use Song Editor to open the song folder by using "File" > "Open song folder"). If the beatmap set has only one difficulty (as shown on your screenshot), DO NOT USE THE F3 FUNCTION AND USE THE DELETE OPTION THERE (or else you're going to delete the whole map, including the MP3/OGG file and had to download the whole .osz file instead).
Method 3 (much simpler, but requires you to download the whole .osz file)
Delete the whole map and redownload the .osz file and put it into osu! Songs folder. That's all.
Method 4 (no downloads required, but this takes most of your time depending on the number of beatmaps you have)
Delete osu!.db file (this file holds your song list), run osu! and let it rebuild the whole song list.

This takes me about 3 minutes to rebuild all currently available Ranked and Approved beatmaps (which is almost 18,000 beatmaps in total).
The methods above should mark the song as "Not Played". DO NOT play that song or it'll mark the song as played and you have to redo this step again.

----------

Step 2: Restart osu!

Self-explained, just restart the game (but in condition that you must keep yourself logged in before restarting). There's a way to restart osu! rather than closing the game and double-click to run the game: Go to Options menu, and click on either DirectX or OpenGL (if you're using DirectX, click on DirectX box again; and if you're using OpenGL, click on OpenGL box again) and it should ask you to restart osu!.

Once you have restarted the game, go to the song list and leave it until osu! downloads your score. That way you should get the proper ranking grade.

----------

This works on me all the time. ;)
Topic Starter
solmayoe
Thank you all for the help. I redownloaded the beatmaps and is all good now. Love you guys. Peace.