forum

So I forgot how to hold my mouse...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Starkidd
I'm relatively new to osu. I've been playing for a few months and have been focusing on beating maps that I can barely keep up with, so I can consistently challenge myself and get better. Today I was playing a map (some 5* 4-6 minute Camellia song) and at some point late in the map, my stamina started running low and my hand just started gripping the mouse weird. I play at a pretty high sensitivity (relative to my friends, at least) so I usually move my mouse with mostly my fingers. While the song was getting more intense and I was getting more tired, I was struggling to keep a consistent grip on the mouse. When I beat the map I let go of the mouse, but when I put my hand back on it it felt anything but natural. I decided that it was whatever and kept playing, but I have stopped because I can't get my hand in a comfortable position. Please help. I hope this isn't a big issue and can be fixed relatively quickly
repr1se
you're slumping and overthinking it, best to take a break for a day or two

i got my first 300pp fc literally right after i said "fuck it, just going to play instead of overthinking how i hold my pen" because i was having a lot of issues with streams, since i forgot how i held my pen
Skeletroll
Focus on screen not on hand, you are over complicating one of the actual simplest things in the world.
E m i
well i don't think you can defeat inconsistency, letting your grip destroy itself a bit over time is probably better than readjusting during the map and missing because of it.
Topic Starter
Starkidd

repr1se wrote:

you're slumping and overthinking it, best to take a break for a day or two

i got my first 300pp fc literally right after i said "fuck it, just going to play instead of overthinking how i hold my pen" because i was having a lot of issues with streams, since i forgot how i held my pen

Thanks for this, I think I'm just going to do that.
Topic Starter
Starkidd

Skeletroll wrote:

Focus on screen not on hand, you are over complicating one of the actual simplest things in the world.
That makes sense. I think about how I'm holding my mouse a lot so stopping may just help my play and mental state. Thank you!
Linck5
I play the same way, using mouse with kind of a high sensitivity, moving it with just wrist and fingers. Good to know someone else that plays the same way could get to 5*

Wait for me, I'm getting there =p
Mio Winter
Oh yeah, I call it "grip paranoia" and it drives me insane. There are those rare moments when I feel my grip is just right and I'm scared to let go of the mouse ever again because I know that if I do, I won't be able to find that perfect grip again. : P (Note: I think it's mostly just mental, and I can play well even if I don't feel like my grip is right. That's been my experience anyway.)
Kondou-Shinichi
well i think playing more longer map will help your consistency, makin you less tired thrus.... you know what i mean
ManuelOsuPlayer
Let your hand relaxed and try to don't focus on it a lot while playing to don't do random movements non related to circles reading. That also should help with grip and never lose it(at least with mouse) also play 4* marathons.