forum

[resolved] Osu! has stopped working

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SyF3r
Problem Details: Hello! Whenever I try to open Osu! I would receive the same message saying "Osu! has stopped working" this has been happening for the past 3 days. I've tried reinstalling, moving the Osu!.exe to another empty file, my drivers are up to date and using the repair tool provided by Osu! which resulted in the program saying that my Osu! is up-to-date. Can someone find a solution to this problem?? Appreciate any solution provided :D

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20171106.5 (latest)
Lacrimosa
Once you replicate the crash open the Event Viewer, search for an error log under Windows Logs > Application and post its contents here so we can have an idea of what's causing the issue.
Topic Starter
SyF3r
Wow thanks for the fast reply, here are the things i found
Faulting application name: osu!.exe, version: 1.3.3.7, time stamp: 0x5a0003a6
Faulting module name: nvoglv32.DLL, version: 23.21.13.8813, time stamp: 0x59f352e9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001c2fdf
Faulting process id: 0x21b8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d36206b26ba589
Faulting application path: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\osu!\osu!.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nvoglv32.DLL
Report Id: a4298a8f-ebc8-4b3b-83b5-c0bae0c548a3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

2nd:
Application: osu!.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at OpenTK.Graphics.ES20.GL.DrawElements(OpenTK.Graphics.ES20.PrimitiveType, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.ES20.DrawElementsType, IntPtr)
at #=za2zAkBPwHDSq3yXaPUSUx1vJr3mCuqjs9Q==[[osu.Graphics.OpenGl.TexturedVertex2d, osu!, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]].#=z5F7VrAIFYD61(Int32, Int32)
at #=zZgsgAxCI2flC3qXlSnPv$57KZgL1[[osu.Graphics.OpenGl.TexturedVertex2d, osu!, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]].#=zWVpCgqg=()
at #=zxtYqn4PG6qFrXBo3JcGAoYeTVsyANRH3qA==.#=z0MVDUuNpX8Ms(Boolean)
at #=zxtYqn4PG6qFrXBo3JcGAoYeTVsyANRH3qA==.#=zWVpCgqg=()
at #=zh$VmX8UDDJa1JyBUzNkzwrf_OPz0.#=zWVpCgqg=()
at #=zkFKqnJt1IcctxUnoqA==+#=zvm2GPJA=.#=zIOr_EN$WOYHgWA3VUoyInq8=(#=z719julikGMBt9L_EhhAXGzE=)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].ForEach(System.Action`1<System.__Canon>)
at #=zkFKqnJt1IcctxUnoqA==.#=zWVpCgqg=()
at #=z319_hRCJ5vLNIaMqUA==.#=z_I95jXEUV0zv(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at #=z848rd3Asw3suA6ALWmF$o2o=.#=zkXohaXM=(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at #=zO9qUvc5uACcYe4elUkV$asY=.#=zbzVzvymaSt34OvCAPQ==(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(System.Windows.Forms.Form)
at #=zO9qUvc5uACcYe4elUkV$asY=.#=zPeGyjG0=()
at #=z319_hRCJ5vLNIaMqUA==.#=zPeGyjG0=()
at #=zYMITZv9fIBmT3u52bQ==.#=zp5rLHW9AiQtt(System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
at #=zYMITZv9fIBmT3u52bQ==.#=zXdrKheU=(System.String[])
at #=zYMITZv9fIBmT3u52bQ==.#=zZGttw9c=()
at #=q8bd5db9qkvdsQt7tF47K7EpfQaKZlgGktayLiqr60bE=.#=zFAbbbUA=()
Lacrimosa
Try the following. Go to this page, choose the appropriate options according to your graphic card version, hit the search button and download the second driver that comes up. Make sure to reinstall your old Nvidia driver before installing the new one.
Topic Starter
SyF3r
Oh hey it works now, and i tried updating my driver with the Geforce Experience and now Osu! is working perfectly but my records are erased, could it be due to the re-installation? Thank you very much for your help. :D :D
Death
Yes, your scores are gone because you reinstalled, which is partly why reinstalling is not recommended. It also normally does not fix the issue, as in this case.

I always recommend updating your drivers directly from NVIDIA's (or any other manufacturer's) website rather than letting it auto update or update through a program like Geforce Experience.
Topic Starter
SyF3r
Oh I see thank you very much for your help :)