forum

Is Mecha-Membrane Keyboard is good for Osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fl00der
Read my latest comment!
autoteleology
I have no idea why anyone would pay that much for a membrane keyboard, period. Do not buy expensive membrane keyboards unless they are Topre switches.
repr1se
i'd go for mechanical. for membrane you have to push a lot harder to start the silicon dome collapse then it just goes the rest of the way without much force. for mechanical, the relationship is linear.

i've played osu with both membrane and mechanical, it's so much harder to consistently acc with membrane. personal experience though, you may be different
Topic Starter
Fl00der
And it's hard to get used to the Mechanical Keyboard? Because I know, that I would press all the way down when I first get to my hands.

EDIT: I looked up deeper to this Razer keyboard, and I found out, that you will have to push a little bit down, so, idk..

repr1se
if you have to press all the way down then i guess, it only takes a week or two to get used to.
mechanical feels more consistent when typing and playing osu. it just has a higher actuation point than membrane, activating about 1/3 - 1/2 of the way down. if you're still set on a membrane-esque keyboard then i'd go with topre switches
pandaBee

Fl00der wrote:

And it's hard to get used to the Mechanical Keyboard? Because I know, that I would press all the way down when I first get to my hands.

EDIT: I looked up deeper to this Razer keyboard, and I found out, that you will have to push a little bit down, so, idk..

Too lewd.
Drum drum please prune.
eyjafjallaaaaaa
mech kb is only good if you can utilize its ability to press w/o bottoming out (eg. red switch). because that gives you more speed and you spend less stamina each hit.

if you like pressing keys really hard stick with membrane for now as there is going to be no significant advantage from getting those mech kb with sensitive keys. It might even set you up for a misclick. that mechanical membrane kb even has clicky feedback thing I think you would find it very helpful.

Case study : me.I bottom out every key press and I play with mech kb for like two year ish and I just try the old membrane kb out of curiosity and it makes almost no difference in terms of accuracy on maps < 210 bpm but maybe its due to lack of click feedback I'm so used to of blue switch.

tl;dr
mech kb is only good if you don't bottom out.
if you do bottom out some mech kb have clicky feedback so check those out
repr1se

redcrosssix wrote:

mech kb is only good if you can utilize its ability to press w/o bottoming out (eg. red switch). because that gives you more speed and you spend less stamina each hit.
tl;dr
not saying that you're wrong, but i bottom out on my mx reds. it's more about the consistency of the springs compared to that of the silicon dome
Topic Starter
Fl00der
Thanks guys for your help, but I ordered a HyperX Alloy FPS ( MX Red edition ) yesterday, so I don’t need any help from now. Thanks again! :)
autoteleology

redcrosssix wrote:

if you like pressing keys really hard stick with membrane for now as there is going to be no significant advantage from getting those mech kb with sensitive keys. It might even set you up for a misclick. that mechanical membrane kb even has clicky feedback thing I think you would find it very helpful.

Case study : me.I bottom out every key press and I play with mech kb for like two year ish and I just try the old membrane kb out of curiosity and it makes almost no difference in terms of accuracy on maps < 210 bpm but maybe its due to lack of click feedback I'm so used to of blue switch.

tl;dr
or... you could spend two dollars and get a bag of o-rings so the switch bottoms out where it actuates