forum

Rank Breaking Glitch

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KazukiP
This glitch, had I kept the full combo, would've put me at the top of the leaderboards probably:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwvnZpd ... e=youtu.be

(Please read the description for a full explanation)

Idk why frame rate and audio are so bad (sorry about that) :)
(I'm also not even sure if this is were I should be posting this.
snz
it is that hard to find the help forum?
Sandy Hoey

description wrote:

So I had just started up my laptop, it usually runs slow for a bit but to get it to run faster i usually just play a few maps over then it runs smooth. Anyway, this time, when I weas playing, the game lagged, usually the screen freezes but it did not. The music got caught on a small loop and I was
Ummm... what?
Topic Starter
KazukiP

Sandy Hoey wrote:

description wrote:

So I had just started up my laptop, it usually runs slow for a bit but to get it to run faster i usually just play a few maps over then it runs smooth. Anyway, this time, when I weas playing, the game lagged, usually the screen freezes but it did not. The music got caught on a small loop and I was
Ummm... what?
Wait did I not finish the description? Oh well if you watch the first spinner, the game lagged but let me keep spinning a spinner to an impossible number and still ranked it.
]]]
see if you can reproduce this glitch consistently and then we can analyse it.
twirl_old_1
if the game dropped that many frames then osu! should've not have let that score submit.
-Cappuchino-
I've actually encountered this stuttering problem before. you know the music stutter and the frame drops. Too bad it didn't happen at a spinner.
It's like a curse for me. I can't FC any map due to this problem.

Compatability mode fixes this problem though, but gives you input lag
Quick edit: I actually checked the task manager while playing to see if any programs were hogging my resources while playing. Nothing was causing the problem but osu!'s CPU usage suddenly drops to 0% while the frame drops occur. Probaly a wierd hardware bug since I use a 7 year old Laptop.