forum

An anti nervous trick? ^^

posted
Total Posts
show more
F m L_old

Guujin wrote:

Put invisible combo numbers in your skin, put a very loud MISS sound, put settings on low-end PC.
That way you won't see anything of the combo.
give us your skin then

if you delete combo numbers then the score numbers wont appear.
Rii_old_1

F m L wrote:

Guujin wrote:

Put invisible combo numbers in your skin, put a very loud MISS sound, put settings on low-end PC.
give us your skin then

if you delete combo numbers then the score numbers wont appear.
I don't have that skin, I'm using a private one that has nothing of the above in it.
Mythras
If I didn't give a fuck about it i'd close it. Being nervous is really normal and you get more and more used to passing harder songs over time. Once you've fucked up because of being nervous on the same song for like the 3rd time, you'll notice that gets replaced with rage. And that rage helps you focus, if you're like me. If you aren't, then i dunno, i'd drink a bit to calm down or something, lol.
thelewa

Guujin wrote:

Dude no, low-end PC takes snaking sliders off and that's like the most important thing to have on.
Rii_old_1

ragelewa wrote:

Guujin wrote:

Dude no, low-end PC takes snaking sliders off and that's like the most important thing to have on.
true that, but the rest isn't needed, would be distracting.
Rena-chan
Try focusing on the hitcircles and nothing else. At least that's how you don't get distracted, but then you're already on the way to not getting nervous.
EasyModeDX
Just go with the rythm. I like to compare osu! to malabarism, since when you do malabarism, you don't focus on every ball you throw up into the air - you look up, toss the balls, they enter your field of vision, begin to fall and you position your hand depending on how you calculate its landing spot. Because I don't have to focus on every hitcircle to land a hit, if I just stare on the center of the screen I can have a good preception of the whole area and move my hand accordingly (that may be because I play with a 15" laptop monitor though.) Anyway, the less you move, the less stress you'll create. sometimes my wrist starts to hurt in the middle of a song, and that ruins my concentration so I concentrate the weight of my arm in my elbow, lift my wrist and hover my hand on top of the zx keys, and that makes it easier for me to do streams without getting tired...

Anyway, I sometimes suffer with that and found out doing the following helps me a lot - cover up your combo while you're playing. I used to non intentionally look at my present combo and that would make me nervous all of a sudden - if I had a high combo, I'd start missing beats and ruin the playthrough. I don't play the same map 50 times without interruptions either, I play it three times at best then try it again another day. Sometimes you paly a map so many times you're no longer in the ideal mindset for playing osu, so it helps.
loli66
maybe if you play a easy and long map for reach this count combo
Guy-kun
Even if you enjoy playing and don't really care about your score. You still get that nervousness when you reach a high combo (round 700-800) for me, even if you weren't intending to FC the map.

I guess it can't be helped.
Rii_old_1
that's just a flaw of a person that they get nervous, not caring is the best
oh loving you
I got the same situation, my mind will think of something else while playing!! And i get super nervous or tense when playing online. I think the best solution is to play 1-2 minutes songs~ lol
billy96
think of nothing when playing

works for me :/
thelewa

Guujin wrote:

I'm flawed
Rii_old_1

ragelewa wrote:

Guujin wrote:

I'm flawed
me too
Octopus_old_1

Guujin wrote:

ragelewa wrote:

I'm flawed
me too
Me three!

OT: You can try not looking at the combo. As soon as you hit a 500+ combo you might screw up. I totally did the first time I got a 500 combo. Those blue flames made me so excited! Then I lost the combo.

xD
YodaSnipe

kriers wrote:

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me who believes in you!
^How I get by

every
single
day
Winshley

K Y L E wrote:

Those blue flames made me so excited! Then I lost the combo.
You can get rid of the Combo Flame from the Option menu. :P
ioana2008v

hoihoisoi wrote:

Takes a lot of time to get not nervous. At 300+ to 400+ combos my fingers usually turn stiff and I can feel the back of my head go numb and sooner or later, I break the combo and start cursing. So far, not found any good way to resolve that problem.
Same thing happens to me. It makes me break the computer. But that didn't happen. Please someone help!
Rii_old_1

ioana2008v wrote:

hoihoisoi wrote:

Takes a lot of time to get not nervous. At 300+ to 400+ combos my fingers usually turn stiff and I can feel the back of my head go numb and sooner or later, I break the combo and start cursing. So far, not found any good way to resolve that problem.
Same thing happens to me. It makes me break the computer. But that didn't happen. Please someone help!
try hitting it with a hammer
Tom69_old
Just do it often enough. Some time it will get usual for you to have high combos. :>
It's the same with top40 ranks... the first few times you really screw up as soon as you get past rank 40.

And for multiplayer games... TAB is the magical button. <3
shaNk_old
Lol this issue gets brought way to much, ull lose ur nervousness when ur confident, and know u can rape the map, everytime u acheiv something badass ull get that nervous feeling, its normal brah
kriers
hey guys did you know why SS-rankers get SS easier than S-rankers despite being poorer in skill?
It's because keeping an SS is all about routine and confidence /o/
palion

kriers wrote:

hey guys did you know why SS-rankers get SS easier than S-rankers despite being poorer in skill?
no it's about being asian
kriers

palion wrote:

kriers wrote:

lol.
lolcubes

palion wrote:

kriers wrote:

I'm not asian. D:
Winshley
Being an SS-ranker doesn't have anything to do with Asians. :D

(despite me being Asian myself...) :roll: /me runs away
thelewa

kriers wrote:

Idk, I have no routine for getting SS and I just pretty much pop them out accidentally unless I play a hard map that I want to get an SS from.