forum

Track highest rank achieved on beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Burp3x
Currently, only the attempt with the highest score is tracked for leaderboard rankings. This means that an attempt with a higher rank but a lower score than another attempt will not be recognized.

There is a counter on each player's profile for ranks A to SS+. If you get a score of 1,000,000 with a rank of SS on a beatmap but then you try it again and get a score of 1,000,001 with a rank of A or S, your SS attempt will be replaced and your SS counter will go down.

I suggest that the highest score AND the highest rank achieved on each beatmap be tracked.
Xinnoh
if +HT or +EZ is added then it kinda defeats the purpose since those make it easier to achieve S rank (ez only on lower diffs but whatever).
This doesn't really affect too much, I'd prefer the system as it is tbh.
Topic Starter
Burp3x

Sinnoh wrote:

if +HT or +EZ is added then it kinda defeats the purpose since those make it easier to achieve S rank (ez only on lower diffs but whatever).

Then do not add rank tracking if difficulty reduction mods are on. Only add rank tracking to no-mod attempts and attempts with mods that increase difficulty.

I would like to collect as many SS ranks as possible but I also want to get high scores so I will use mods. With the system as it is, it's harder to go for both goals at the same time.
Poseidon

Burp3x wrote:

Then do not add rank tracking if difficulty reduction mods are on. Only add rank tracking to no-mod attempts and attempts with mods that increase difficulty.

What about players and plays that use HT or EZ, It would be unfair if plays like idke's Deceit HT play or -GN's RoR play couldn't be on the leaderboards.

Sinnoh wrote:

I agree with Sinnoh
Topic Starter
Burp3x

Poseidon wrote:

Burp3x wrote:

What about players and plays that use HT or EZ, It would be unfair if plays like idke's Deceit HT play or -GN's RoR play couldn't be on the leaderboards.
The tracking I'm requesting to be added isn't for score leaderboards. It will be separate and won't affect leaderboards whatsoever. There could simply be a small section that says "highest rank achieved" on each beatmap and that will be used for the ranks counter on your profile.

Edit: To clarify, I mean only your personal highest rank achieved. I'm not asking for a new leaderboard.