forum

How to check if I'm in game.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Deopkare
Hello, I'm writing a lil program (suprise, will release it on forum :) ) and I got in trouble. I can easily read time of song (it also counts in song selection menu, which is weird and makes my program crazy). To prevent it I need to add in-game check, so if im not in game, it will not do anything. Can anyone help me? Im using C++ and i want a quick, ReadProcessMemory method to check if im already in game ;)
abraker

Deopkare wrote:

ReadProcessMemory
Sounds like you will get into restriction issues soon. iirc osu! has anti cheat in place that checks to see if anything is trying to access its memory. I am 99% certain ppy is gonna yell at you if you will do it since that is a very wrong way of getting information off the client.
Topic Starter
Deopkare

abraker wrote:

Deopkare wrote:

ReadProcessMemory
Sounds like you will get into restriction issues soon. iirc osu! has anti cheat in place that checks to see if anything is trying to access its memory. I am 99% certain ppy is gonna yell at you if you will do it since that is a very wrong way of getting information off the client.
I was reading time of osu! song like that since last update, cause pointer of time changed, do you know any other way I can get if I'm in game/get current time?
abraker

Deopkare wrote:

I was reading time of osu! song like that since last update, cause pointer of time changed, do you know any other way I can get if I'm in game/get current time?
I am not sure how bad of a workaround it is, but once the spectator code is implemented in osu!Lazer, you can look into connecting your program to the via network to act like a spectator and get real-time play data that way. I say once the code is implemented in osu!Lazer because I don't think it's been documented anywhere.
Topic Starter
Deopkare
@abraker I heard also about MSN integration, which is used in osu!stream companion. Is it still usable?
abraker

Deopkare wrote:

@abraker I heard also about MSN integration, which is used in osu!stream companion. Is it still usable?
Outdated. Not recommended. I doubt osu!Lazer would have it.