forum

[resolved] huge latency spike when key press

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
deadall127
Problem Details:

as you can see here in the link below, I was usually playing with a ~0.3 latency (a little more while recording)

but recently I have some huge latency spike when I'm playing, up to 10ms! that's absolutely awful, I can't play osu anymore :/

I spent many hours trying all the posssible settings in osu, nvidia, windows, I tryed different keyboards, pointing devices, updating graphics drivers, resetting options, reseting graphic drivers, etc...

In short I found that when a key press is registered, I have a latency spike
when I hold a key on a spinner that push me to a constant ~5ms latency, by changing the speed of repaeting keypress when holding a key in windows, I reduced it to ~1ms but in streams I key press faster than that (up to ~10ms as I said) and that's independent from this windows setting of course

I'm very annoyed, please help me

youtube.com/watch?v=w30VgL9yLpM

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this happens even in relax or autopilot but not in auto

EDIT2: it seems that it doesn't happens during the breaks
jrcrash
Alright so usually this issue is caused by having your settings turned to Vsync. try turning it to 240fps and turn of reduced frames. Also you could turn off overclock on your graphics card if you're overclocking it.
Topic Starter
deadall127
thank you for the reply, I'm already on "unlimited" and reduced frames OFF (I already tried all possible settings)

and I'm not OC my card, btw it's already oc (gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming)

but it seems that it directly deal with the game itself, because it doesn't depends on what is displayed, so I don't think any graphic related patch will help :/
Lacrimosa
Please close any other programs running in the background. There could be a conflict between osu! and a different program running.
Topic Starter
deadall127
thank you for trying to help me ^^

but I already searched any program/service that could do that

I repeat, again, this issue deals with the game itself because it doesn't happen in auto mode and breaks/intro
Upskirt
That's because the keypress itself is the cause, not the game.

Show your process list in Task Manager, all of it.
Topic Starter
deadall127
well, if you want...

Topic Starter
deadall127
ok you were right, the problem was comming from "app32.exe", thank you very much ^^