forum

Grand Theft Auto V

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nachy
Official Trailer is out and looks like we're going back to San Andreas expanded Los Santos. Also dogs, bikes, blimps, jets and possibly 2 or more playable characters.

also some guy called Arvuti made this and stuff and look kinda cool so w/e

and this, well I don't have to say anything about it

Two_old
it looks terrible I'm sorry
FisHie_old
Everyone kept spamming me about this. :c
San Andreas is cool though.
Ivalset
All grand theft auto games are terrible.

This looks to be the same level of terrible, so I'm sure it will be a great terrible game.
Rey Fullbuster
i wish there's a spin off of GTA V in PSP :D
Xiao_old
I prefer IV's style over SA, but I want SA's level of customization back. IV was extremely pared back in favour of building the city. It felt unfulfilling.

I don't want SA-tier crazy shit, though. I can play Saints Row for that.
Topic Starter
Nachy

Xiao wrote:

I prefer IV's style over SA, but I want SA's level of customization back. IV was extremely pared back in favour of building the city. It felt unfulfilling.

I don't want SA-tier crazy shit, though. I can play Saints Row for that.
Yeah, IV's gritty realism was a step in the right direction for the series imo, it was just missing some good customization stuff and a bit of variety in the city and scale but was overall the better game. Ballad of Gay Tony definitely fixed and added stuff that felt missing in IV without heading back to super ridiculous levels and remaining a good balance of satire and reality. If V could top Ballad of Gay Tony and more I'll be a happy panda.

Speaking of Saints Row, I can't wait for the third one, don't see why people keep trying to compare them or pick one over another. They're both good games to have, one has crazy super villain fun that doesn't take itself seriously, and the other is a more realistic and serious experience, creates a nice balance.
Xiao_old

NachoPiggy wrote:

Yeah, IV's gritty realism was a step in the right direction for the series imo, it was just missing some good customization stuff and a bit of variety in the city and scale but was overall the better game. Ballad of Gay Tony definitely fixed and added stuff that felt missing in IV without heading back to super ridiculous levels and remaining a good balance of satire and reality. If V could top Ballad of Gay Tony and more I'll be a happy panda.

Speaking of Saints Row, I can't wait for the third one, don't see why people keep trying to compare them or pick one over another. They're both good games to have, one has crazy super villain fun that doesn't take itself seriously, and the other is a more realistic and serious experience, creates a nice balance.
Fanboys gonna fanboy. Not everybody can afford to have both games.

I'm glad I have a job.
Haseo_old
Horrible. Chinatown Wars was a little decent though.
Pokebis
A cinematic for a game that's mechanics have yet to be even discussed!?
HORRIBLE!!1!

But, not seriously I enjoy the GTA series and regardless of the direction they chose I'm sure it will be a decent game. I can't really vouch for the realism of GTA4, but I really like the Endorphin engine and watching AI ragdolls limp around is quite enjoyable for me.

Still looking forward to SR3 a bit more, though. I hope it isn't as ridiculously easy as SR2.
Ivalset
Pokebis, I don't think you're old enough to play these games.
Pokebis
I'm old enough to legally purchase them. You guys keep forgetting I age as time progresses.
awp

Xiao wrote:

Fanboys gonna fanboy. Not everybody can afford to have both games.
even when they're released like an entire year apart?

Pokebis wrote:

You guys keep forgetting I age as time progresses.
Not going to lie, your assumption is totally correct
IppE
I wish they'd put more effort to the story this time.
Pokebis
I don't. Last time they did that (GTA4) they thought it was good (it wasn't).
Xiao_old

awp wrote:

even when they're released like an entire year apart?t
budgeting is hard yo
Topic Starter
Nachy

Pokebis wrote:

A cinematic for a game that's mechanics have yet to be even discussed!?
HORRIBLE!!1!

But, not seriously I enjoy the GTA series and regardless of the direction they chose I'm sure it will be a decent game. I can't really vouch for the realism of GTA4, but I really like the Endorphin engine and watching AI ragdolls limp around is quite enjoyable for me.

Still looking forward to SR3 a bit more, though. I hope it isn't as ridiculously easy as SR2.
I wish more games use Endorphin/Euphoria, RDR and GTA IV spoiled me a bit in terms of ragdoll deaths. SR3+Euphoria would be pretty sweet.
Backfire
Me and my friend were playing GTA4 yesterday. The fucking physics made EVERYTHING hilarious. The best of times were had.