forum

[resolved] My beatmap that I'm making is corrupted when DL'd as .osz

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
loafusofbread
Important links:
Song folder Google Drive DL - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B47FG ... TdERXJwT00
Map page - https://osu.ppy.sh/s/686197

I've seen other posts talking about how they got an error message telling them the beatmap was corrupted whenever trying to install any beatmap, when those beatmaps worked fine for everyone else. But my problem is that I can only seem to get the beatmap to work when I send it as a folder.
Whenever downloaded as a .osz it fails and gives the corrupted error message. I first discovered this when I was trying to get my friend to download it. He tried it several times, with and without video, and every time he got the corrupted beatmap error. I tried re-downloading the beatmap as well, and it now wasn't working for me either. This was surprising since I had re-downloaded it a few minutes prior and it worked just fine. I then sent it to him through google drive as a folder, and when inserted into his song folder it worked just as normal. I have no idea what is causing this, so I'll list a few possible important bits of information:
-I tested a guest difficulty for the map then deleted it afterwards. My first re-download (before my friend tried) worked even though I had done this, so I don't think it's a problem.
-The map has no overlapping notes or anything that would make Auto fail.
-It does have a background video, but because the download failed with and without it I don't think this matters
Is this something that could be fixed by waiting a while? Should I manually copy all the notes or just the .osu for that difficulty? If anyone has any info on this I'd like to know before I take more extreme measures. Thanks for the help, sorry for such a long post! :D

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
There isn't any information unique to a screenshot that would help, just the "corrupted beatmap, moving to failed folder" stuff.

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Topic Starter
loafusofbread
I fixed it, somehow
I just removed the video
Didn't think that was causing any problems