forum

VIRTUAL SELF - EON BREAK [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jack5osu
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, 28 October 2017 at 9:53:11 AM

Artist: VIRTUAL SELF
Title: EON BREAK
Tags: porter robinson ddr dance revolution original worlds shelter sad machine angel baby japan future
BPM: 180
Filesize: 11370kb
Play Time: 03:24
Difficulties Available:
  1. EZ - 4Key (1.44 stars, 544 notes)
  2. HD - 4Key (3.15 stars, 1616 notes)
  3. NM - 4Key (2.48 stars, 1023 notes)
Download: VIRTUAL SELF - EON BREAK
Download: VIRTUAL SELF - EON BREAK (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
SONG DESCRIPTION
EON BREAK is a song in the style of fast-paced Dance Dance Revolution music. It was composed and performed by Porter Robinson, going by the alias VIRTUAL SELF.

DIFFICULTIES
EZ: synced to 1/2 time, difficulty 6.
NM: partially synced to 1/4 time with a bit of 1/3, difficulty 7.
HD: fully synced to 1/4 time with a bit of 1/3, difficulty 8.
MX: DIFFICULTY DOES NOT EXIST. MAKE IT AND BE CREDITED.
SC: DIFFICULTY DOES NOT EXIST. MAKE IT AND BE CREDITED.
Non-mania: GAMEMODE DOES NOT EXIST. MAKE IT AND BE CREDITED.

CREDITS
HD modding - leiffang

PATCH NOTES
2017/10/26th:
- Added HD difficulty
- Removed some notes from NM difficulty
- Added preview point
- Removed all occurrences of four notes at once
- Reduced sample volume to 70%
- Changed sample style to Normal
- Replaced several mini-jacks in HD difficulty with bursts
- Increased note spam towards end of HD difficulty
2017/10/27th:
- Reduced difficulty to EZ difficulty
- Removed countdown from all difficulties
Topic Starter
jack5osu
If you would like to contribute new difficulty beatmaps to this track, please do so, your name will be included in the difficulty title. I am also accepting mods for existing difficulty beatmaps.
Llaver
Can't wait to see this really get underway.
blobdash
wtf already finished 3 diffs, song's been uploaded yesterday man xD
i'll be modding this when I grab some time
leiffang
Hi! I'm not an experienced modder but I still though I could share my initial thoughts.

Hard

02:42:293 - personally I don't think it is fast enough here. Compared to the doubles this seems too easy. If you want to keep it at this speed I would remove some of the mini-jacks such as these: 03:03:848 just to keep consistency

Regardless it would be more fun if those doubles were spread out rather than stacked.

For example...

03:07:131 - move to column 3

03:07:215 - move to 4

You would have to change most if not all of them. Essentially I think short burst streams would work better in this section rather than mini-jacks.

-

Also! the hit sounds are too loud! (and I think normal sounds better than soft)

Big Porter Robinson fan here! I hope this gets completed ^^
Topic Starter
jack5osu
leiffang, your suggestions have been implemented. Please view the beatmaps again to see how these changes have affected gameplay.
leiffang
nice!!! I like the changes that you made

A couple more things (HD difficulty)

03:16:730 - move to column 2 03:16:814 move to 3

03:22:119 - same here, move to 3 and 03:22:203 move to 2

03:16:983 - remove note in column 2

01:31:906 - add a note in column 3

01:35:739 - shorten the long note in column 3 so that it end here. same thing at 01:14:406 for 2.... maybe you could have the long notes alternate?

That's it! best of luck :)
Ajama
I'm currently in the process of making an MX guest difficulty, and I have a question. Why does the 2nd red timing point have a BPM of 178.15? I have yet to actually put the song into a DAW to closely examine the waveform and see the BPM of that part (if it changes), but the .15 seems weird since this is electronic music and doesn't suffer from the "artist not playing exactly precisely 100% on beat" issue like traditional music.
blobdash

Ajama wrote:

I'm currently in the process of making an MX guest difficulty, and I have a question. Why does the 2nd red timing point have a BPM of 178.15? I have yet to actually put the song into a DAW to closely examine the waveform and see the BPM of that part (if it changes), but the .15 seems weird since this is electronic music and doesn't suffer from the "artist not playing exactly precisely 100% on beat" issue like traditional music.
yes it is .15, some artists like having non decimal bpm..
eon break actually tried to use the same rythmics and feels of the old stepmania songs, and a lot of stepmania songs had this kind of timing.
actually, I verified it myself and it IS .15.

now, back to what I was about to say :
MP4 is not a valid format for video in osu! maps, as the codec is really old and using mp4 will create conflicts in downloading the map ; the no video option won't be available as mp4 is not detected as a video (yeah, it's really dumb, peppy please fix). Also, the quality of your video is really shitty, so I encoded the video myself.

https://fruity.s-ul.eu/lFlfSWZk
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.