forum

Bill Wurtz - Napkins

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Random Kid
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, October 23, 2017 at 5:02:38 PM

Artist: Bill Wurtz
Title: Napkins
BPM: 107
Filesize: 1022kb
Play Time: 00:30
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (2.62 stars, 66 notes)
  2. Normal (1.54 stars, 36 notes)
Download: Bill Wurtz - Napkins
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I'm going for rank. Not accepting guest diffs.
newton-
from q

[normal]
  1. lots of ds inconsistencies
  2. generally i feel like all the sliders here are too messy and/or sharp and that takes away from the jazzy feel that bill wurtz usually has in his songs
  3. 00:06:237 (2) - con be removed for consistency with previous 2 measures
  4. 00:09:040 (3,4) // 00:12:124 (3,4) // 00:16:610 (2,3) etc - confusing to newer players, they'd expect 3 to be directly facing 4 instead of having to backtrack
  5. 00:09:881 (1,1) etc - messy overlap
  6. 00:28:526 (1) - start this on white tick instead pls
[hard]
  1. 00:02:732 (1,2,3,1) - variable spacing in streams on a hard isnt really the most intuitive idea for players at this level who are still used to ds
  2. 00:04:975 (3) - ctrlg for circular flow
  3. 00:06:517 - skipping over this creates an awkward gap in the map
  4. 00:06:797 (1,2) - the jump here doesn't really make any sense to me, there isnt any particularly important sound in the music relative to the other parts before and yet its spaced so big compared to other parts
  5. 00:14:367 - ignored downbeat? "napkins" is a really important sound.
  6. etc etc these go on through the entire map so try to find other places where these may apply.
friendly advice: put as much reasoning behind object placements as possible; give your objects as much reasons as they can to stay where they are.

watch pishifat on youtube if you havent, he explains how to structure maps pretty nicely
Topic Starter
Random Kid
What does ds mean?
Topic Starter
Random Kid

newton- wrote:

from q

[normal]
  1. lots of ds inconsistenciesI don't know what ds means
  2. generally i feel like all the sliders here are too messy and/or sharp and that takes away from the jazzy feel that bill wurtz usually has in his songsSo how do I fix this? Slider shapes still need to relate to the music. The way I have it is curved sliders for melody/vocals, straight sliders for background sounds, and angled/pointed sliders for that high pitched sound played in a certain part of the song.
  3. 00:06:237 (2) - con be removed for consistency with previous 2 measures Fixed
  4. 00:09:040 (3,4) // 00:12:124 (3,4) // 00:16:610 (2,3) etc - confusing to newer players, they'd expect 3 to be directly facing 4 instead of having to backtrackFixed
  5. 00:09:881 (1,1) etc - messy overlapFixed
  6. 00:28:526 (1) - start this on white tick instead pls
Fixed

[hard]
  1. 00:02:732 (1,2,3,1) - variable spacing in streams on a hard isnt really the most intuitive idea for players at this level who are still used to dsI made the stream shape better but still don't know what ds means
  2. 00:04:975 (3) - ctrlg for circular flowfixed
  3. 00:06:517 - skipping over this creates an awkward gap in the mapin that gap there is literally 1 sound playing and it's a slight background noise that I can map so what do I do?
  4. 00:06:797 (1,2) - the jump here doesn't really make any sense to me, there isnt any particularly important sound in the music relative to the other parts before and yet its spaced so big compared to other parts Fixed
  5. 00:14:367 - ignored downbeat? "napkins" is a really important sound.Fixed
  6. etc etc these go on through the entire map so try to find other places where these may apply.
Fixed

friendly advice: put as much reasoning behind object placements as possible; give your objects as much reasons as they can to stay where they are.ok

watch pishifat on youtube if you havent, he explains how to structure maps pretty nicely
I have but I'll rewatch the structures vid
newton-
ds = distance spacing, it’s that multiplier you see in the top right

also for that bg noise you can map it using a sliderend or something

no kds for this clarification post since you alr gave me one
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.