forum

Track pad users

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Guayaba_old_1
for a while when I first started playing osu! I used my track pad. it was a pain and quite hard. but I got good enough to finally play a 4 star map! of course later I upgraded to a tablet and now am reaching to do 6star maps. but I sometimes like to go back to my track pad days and play that way a bit. I was wondering if osu people can add a track pad. you know, where the "keyboard, tablet, mouse ect" are on the profile. its just a suggestion. I just felt so left out when I first started xD and always curious if others have ever tried track pad too! (by track pad I mean the box on the bottom of a laptop that u slide ur finger with and such)
Core 2 Duo
Even trackball is not viable here judging by my youtube/google searches yet it is something some top tier competitive players use in other (less mechanically intensive than osu) games where the track pad is still considered useless even for casual play. So that should put into perspective how useless that method of input probably is in a game like this one...

However, it would seem sensible to me to include both of these as options on our profiles, along with game pad controllers and those mouth devices with the tongue-stick paralyzed people use computers with.

Also, I think a thread of this nature belongs in this sub-forum 4 instead of general discussion. I have noted moderators locking topics here for being related to osu!

Best regards,
Core 2 Duo
Topic Starter
Guayaba_old_1
Should I move this to the Feature Requests Forums? I don't really want to post 2 of the same thing
Core 2 Duo
Perhaps a moderator would be so kind as to do that for you, or link you to an already existing thread that contains this request.
Faye

Core 2 Duo wrote:

Perhaps a moderator would be so kind as to do that for you, or link you to an already existing thread that contains this request.
Well, it doesn't have to be moved - as it is still a discussion related to osu. It just doesn't count as a request here due to the forum it is posted it. I recommend deleting this thread and posting it in feature requests if you would like to speed up the process a bit!

On topic:
I personally find intrigue in how people play the game in silly ways so I feel like this would be a nice addition. I wanna try getting a Gamepad to work with it as well just to have a bit of fun.

Edit:
Realised this was GD and not G&R. Yeah this thread needs to be moved or deleted
Sandy Hoey
You are not alone

t/558729
DJ Enetro
Well i don't really care what happens to this thread as I normally lurk in OT.

Seriously though, I use trackpad. I don't play often because i'm bad at managing my homework but I can barely do some 4-star std maps.
V1xie offered me his tablet but i refused because I'm quite stubborn at times.
Tbh it feels that tablets are easier to master and get high scores with tho.