forum

Blizzard DOTA

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Quaraezha
I can just bump the Warcraft thread or the DOTA 2 thread
But this is entirely different.
Blizzard is gonna make their own DOTA game.

Okay sure, we've already had too much Dota-like games.
But this one has the canon Warcraft Characters, EVEN STARCRAFT!
You can probably say this is a Crossover of all the Blizzard franchise.

Now This is a DOTA Game I'm looking forward too.
GladiOol
I think it'll be a SCII mod though.
Gabi
Yeah i believe it's like Gladi said, will most likley be a SCII mod.

here's some retarded mechanics from the game:

Every hero can summon a mount that gives you movement speed, it take about 2-3 seconds to summon the mount. The mount lasts untill the hero attacks or gets struck himself.

The towers can run out of ammunition and stop attacking.

Last hitting is removed. All you have to do i be NEAR a creep when it dies for it to give you money, however if several allies are close the money is split between you guys.

If you kill a neutral camp (jungle creeps) you will take over the creeps after they die and they will help you push the lanes. There's also a boss camp that you can kill, once you kill him he will join your side and be a big fucking beefy minion that will help you push hard lol.

I dont really know what to think of it, it's very PvP based. Also seems very casual :P
Nekoroll

Gabi wrote:

Yeah i believe it's like Gladi said, will most likley be a SCII mod.

here's some retarded mechanics from the game:

Every hero can summon a mount that gives you movement speed, it take about 2-3 seconds to summon the mount. The mount lasts untill the hero attacks or gets struck himself.

The towers can run out of ammunition and stop attacking.

Last hitting is removed. All you have to do i be NEAR a creep when it dies for it to give you money, however if several allies are close the money is split between you guys.

If you kill a neutral camp (jungle creeps) you will take over the creeps after they die and they will help you push the lanes. There's also a boss camp that you can kill, once you kill him he will join your side and be a big fucking beefy minion that will help you push hard lol.

I dont really know what to think of it, it's very PvP based. Also seems very casual :P
I didn't know mobas could get more casual than League, but I guess Blizzard did it. Not sure if it would be a little TOO casual though. :(

Is it April Fools already?
Mashley
I still don't get the fuss about this whole dota thing.
MDuh

Quaraezha wrote:

Now This is a DOTA Game I'm looking forward too.
lol

dumbed down gameplay? srsly
Rantai
Yet another DOTA

It could be alright I guess seeing as it's sort of different to your normal DOTA. Actually, as long as it doesn't turn out like HoN or LoL it'll be an improvement.
yeahyeahyeahhh
You guys are saying a lot of stuff about something thats not even done :|

Anyway, at Blizzcon I was able to sit at the panel and talk to some dudes. A lot of the stuff in there was for the event. Such as last hitting removed. It was that way so that people who didn't know what the fuck they were doing couldnt not buy shit (not that were wasn't really anything to buy) A lot of the stuff. No boots so they have the mount system (was kinda fun lol)

Anyway, it'll just be a SC2 mod, and it was pretty fun to mess around with. Was able to play Kerrigan who raped shit (the guys I went against sucked dick though lol). The games looks really nice (the art is sexy as hell), love all the mix up of characters.

Anyone whos looking at this to try to be some kind of competition to dota/dota2/hon/lol and such is kinda silly though :S
Shiro
FUCKING WANT
Hiryuu_old
Seems interesting, hopefully Blizzard will have a better community when it comes to DotA or anything related to that which requires teamwork (also i.e HoN & LoL. Hon's community was a huge trollfest). Looking forward to it :3
mega_mac
I can't waited for the latest map for Ai!!