forum

mouse sensitivity

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Emiloow
i looked around but couldnt really find anything about this topic (might have missed it thoug)

anyhow, as the Subject says, mouse sensitivity, ive allways played games with a rather low sensitivity
(my mouse is a Razer 3G diamondback)

but after ive started playing 4 and a half stared maps, my wrist has gotten a little sore after making all those fast hand movements.

so i thought to myself, maybe it would be a lot more economic if i increased the mouse speed, i must say it has helped somewhat, except that now i have to get used to it (probably wont happen anytime soon since ive used low sensitivty for years).

my second thought was that i should use the same sensitivty everywhere, in every game to increase muscle memory "yes i used 1,5 on osu! up till now"

on to the actual question,
what are peoples thougths about this?
and what are your sensitivty ingame, and outgame?
silmarilen
osu is pretty much the only game where i use a different mouse sensitivity, when i start it takes a couple of notes to get used to it but its not like i would fail a map because of the different sensitivity.
Soly
IppE
I use 1200dpi when playing with a mouse.
lolcubes
Just use what's most comfortable for you. If your arm hurts, that's just lack of stamina. That will build up as you play, just don't give up.

Personally I use 800dpi with 6/11 in windows and 1.0 in game. It's relatively slow compared to what I have seen from other people, but this works for me.
I have also used this sensitivity for years in windows too. :p
Mesita
400 dpi, 9/11 windows no mouse precision, 1.0x osu! no mouse precision.
Amaterasu_old
800 dpi and 1.2x in game.
kriers
450 dpi
6/11 windows
1366x768 windowed
1.0x osu!

No mouse precision/acceleration

I like to move a lot
F m L_old
400 dpi
9/11 windows
1.0x
No mouse percision
WHEN I PLAY WITH MOUSE HURR
JAKACHAN
Use whatever sens is comfortable to you. Look at Cyclone... Hes a player that runs with such a high dpi/sens that he moves his mouse half a centimeter to move across the screen but it works for him. Or you can also look at Doomsday who has always used cheap mice and runs at a love dpi and sens. It all depends on the player you just need to experiment.

When I play mouse I usually run around 1700 dpi 1.0x 6/11 windows.
Xyresic
400? (might be 450) DPI, 6/11 Windows no mouse precision, 1.0x osu, 1024x768 Windowed.

I personally find higher speeds to make you miss more since you tend to tense up after playing for awhile (or getting a high combo) which makes smaller accidents have bigger effects.

And yes, sore hands are a stamina thing.