forum

Shawn Mendes - There's Nothin' Holding Me Back

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Asphyxia
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 10. lokakuuta 2017 at 18:08:21

Artist: Shawn Mendes
Title: There's Nothin' Holding Me Back
BPM: 122
Filesize: 3361kb
Play Time: 03:16
Difficulties Available:
  1. Remedy (3,28 stars, 520 notes)
Download: Shawn Mendes - There's Nothin' Holding Me Back
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
beaw
A simple mod regarding rhythm!~

1. 00:12:314 - I highly suggest switching your focus here. You ignore the vocals, yet you don't solely map the drums.
    - 00:12:314 - Map this vocal.
    - 00:12:806 - Map this vocal.
    - 00:16:248 - Map this vocal.
    - I can kind of follow what you're going for, but I really feel like many important/beneficial sounds are being left out.
  2. 00:27:560 - For this rhythm here, you follow it just fine. A very light suggestion here is to remove (8) and replace it with the 1/2 slider. This will make the offbeats clickable and the downbeats sliderends. It's just on opinion, but I think it sounds really cool~
    - Picture!
  3. 00:35:675 - Same here if you decide to accept. ^.
  4. 00:37:396 - 00:38:134 - Hm.. you could add two 1/2 sliders here before the jumps because of his held vocals, if you want.
  5. 00:38:380 (4,5,6,7,8) - Why not give these jumps increasing spacing? I think it'd be much more fun to play and it makes sense according to the music.
  6. 00:58:543 (5,6,7) - vs. 01:02:478 (5,6,7) - I understand why both of these are the way that they are, but 01:02 is slightly different, so why not make it so?
    - I mean, just something as simple as this would help discern the difference between the two places.
    - The only reason I want the different is because of the different in pitch. While they're structurally the same, the pitches are different.
    - Also, there are vocals on the second part! (01:02).
  7. 01:13:052 - This entire section is rhythmically structured much better than the first section (00:12:314 -) in my opinion. I say this because this section is focused solely on drums rather than drums and vocals, and it plays much better. I have nothing wrong with following both, but the way you followed them wasn't 100% consistent throughout the first section like it is here.
  8. 01:40:593 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Increase spacing for intensity? ;w;
  9. 01:41:576 (1,2,1) - You could have 1/4 sliders here for the guitar strums!~
  10. 02:14:035 - Kiai time? oWo
  11. 02:29:773 - I really think you should follow vocals for this section because...
    - In the music, the reason for the vocals being focused on is for emphasis.
    - It's the end on the song! Why not kick up the pace a bit?~
[]

That's all I have!~ Make sure that if you accept a point, look around for similar spots! I love your patterns as always and your maps are phenomenal =w=

I love you Asphyxia
Topic Starter
Asphyxia

Stingy wrote:

A simple mod regarding rhythm!~

1. 00:12:314 - I highly suggest switching your focus here. You ignore the vocals, yet you don't solely map the drums.
    - 00:12:314 - Map this vocal.
    - 00:12:806 - Map this vocal.
    - 00:16:248 - Map this vocal.
    - I can kind of follow what you're going for, but I really feel like many important/beneficial sounds are being left out. I decided to not apply these because I just follow the background beat and I don't think the difficulty itself needs to be more dense. If I ever make a harder difficulty though, these will be applied.
  2. 00:27:560 - For this rhythm here, you follow it just fine. A very light suggestion here is to remove (8) and replace it with the 1/2 slider. This will make the offbeats clickable and the downbeats sliderends. It's just on opinion, but I think it sounds really cool~ Tried and prefered my own, I really want the stanza to be clickable ;
    - Picture!
  3. 00:35:675 - Same here if you decide to accept. ^. ^
  4. 00:37:396 - 00:38:134 - Hm.. you could add two 1/2 sliders here before the jumps because of his held vocals, if you want. Stop is good here.
  5. 00:38:380 (4,5,6,7,8) - Why not give these jumps increasing spacing? I think it'd be much more fun to play and it makes sense according to the music. I gave the pattern a slight boost
  6. 00:58:543 (5,6,7) - vs. 01:02:478 (5,6,7) - I understand why both of these are the way that they are, but 01:02 is slightly different, so why not make it so?
    - I mean, just something as simple as this would help discern the difference between the two places. I know that they're a bit different, but the instruments that I wanna follow start on the blue tick on both cases, so I didn't really think they needed to be different. I can try to come up with a consistent spacing change on all of those later / change the rhythm if it really bothers me.
    - The only reason I want the different is because of the different in pitch. While they're structurally the same, the pitches are different.
    - Also, there are vocals on the second part! (01:02).
  7. 01:13:052 - This entire section is rhythmically structured much better than the first section (00:12:314 -) in my opinion. I say this because this section is focused solely on drums rather than drums and vocals, and it plays much better. I have nothing wrong with following both, but the way you followed them wasn't 100% consistent throughout the first section like it is here.
  8. 01:40:593 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Increase spacing for intensity? ;w; Gave it a small boost
  9. 01:41:576 (1,2,1) - You could have 1/4 sliders here for the guitar strums!~ I prefer to not use 1/4's outside of the choruses
  10. 02:14:035 - Kiai time? oWo visual appeal for my favourite part in the song LO
  11. 02:29:773 - I really think you should follow vocals for this section because... I already did to a degree, and I think it's enough for this section. All the long vocals are mapped by sliders :0
    - In the music, the reason for the vocals being focused on is for emphasis.
    - It's the end on the song! Why not kick up the pace a bit?~
[]

That's all I have!~ Make sure that if you accept a point, look around for similar spots! I love your patterns as always and your maps are phenomenal =w=

I love you Asphyxia
Thank you so much! :D