forum

Got a question about skinning

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neko Kitsune
First of all this has probably been answered somewhere before sorry i dont know how to search anything on this forum.

I am really intrerested in making my own skins for osu and what i have understanded is that i cant just take stuff from other skins. So i am planning to make my design my skin completly from scratch but the only thing is where do i get sounds for the skin? Like hitsounds and stuff ? I know how to make images for skins but not sounds.

I would be really thankful if someone answered this.
45Traeath
Let's do it bit by bit.

Neko Kitsune wrote:

I am really intrerested in making my own skins for osu and what i have understanded is that i cant just take stuff from other skins.

[...] where do i get sounds for the skin? Like hitsounds and stuff ? I know how to make images for skins but not sounds.
You might be able to take stuff from other Skins, depending on if their respective creators authorize it.
What you are NEVER allowed to do is to publish Skins with elements/stuff taken from other Skins.

Sounds can be easy to make, depending on if you have a specific theme in mind. Remember you have to put '.wav' files in the Skin's folder (and also with the appropriate names) for them to work.
Audacity is a basic, yet good software you can use to record (and edit) sounds. You will only need to think about what kind of sound you want. Maybe you will hear something good, while you're listening to a music, or watching a vid'.

If something in your Skin doesn't work, you can always come to this topic to ask for help ( '-')b
h3oCharles

Neko Kitsune wrote:

I am really interested in making my own skins for osu! and what I have understood is that I cant just take stuff from other skins.
Mixed skins aren't allowed to be shared on the skinning forum. These skins you can leave in your signature or userprofile (osu!supporter)

Neko Kitsune wrote:

So I'm planning to make my design my skin completely from scratch but the only thing is where do I get sounds for the skin? Like hitsounds and stuff? I know how to make images for skins but not sounds.
Hitsounds from other skins are allowed, however, It'd be the best to credit the skin where you got them from and/or ask the author for permission.
ELEVA
For hitsound sometimes do not need to be replaced, just original hitsound. if you want to find a hitsound sample Free Hitsound Sample, except for anime sound sample, I use Audacity export-cut-save- put in folder