forum

Consisteny?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Comfy Cherry
hey, I've been playing Osu! for quite a while now and I just can't get consistent other threads I have read seem to be people just playing above their skill level but I'll be playing a song 99.5%+ and out of nowhere I miss then there goes the whole play cause it throws me off. this happens all the time and it's rarely the same part of the map so it's pretty much just consistency.

What I was hoping for was some pointers/tips on how I could improve my consistency (aside from just playing more)

Thanks in advance
dung eater
play harder maps and then go back to easier. it's easier to be consistent when you can play harder things. nobody gets 99.5% in the hard things they play, if they do they aren't challenging themselves.

sounds like you have a problem with getting upset when you miss instead of focusing on play and trying to figure out/fix why you miss. you don't miss for no reason.
Topic Starter
Comfy Cherry

bla wrote:

play harder maps and then go back to easier. it's easier to be consistent when you can play harder things. nobody gets 99.5% in the hard things they play, if they do they aren't challenging themselves.

sounds like you have a problem with getting upset when you miss instead of focusing on play and trying to figure out/fix why you miss. you don't miss for no reason.
I get what you're saying thing is I am doing that :cry: I quite enjoy playing 6-7* maps and when I come down to 4.5-5* I am missing the easiest things for some reason

and on the other not yeah it's more of a wtf reaction than getting upset this X comes out of nowhere along with the combobreak sound and it just catches me off guard, eventually after the 1-5 miss, it varies, get to 10 it upsets me but I don't tend to play a map more than 5 times in a row at most really

but thanks for your suggestions anyway
dung eater
i usually get a bit upset playing with 1 miss but if i fail after that it's more relaxing. playing longer maps might help, too. learning to focus with 1000+ combo might make focusing in shorter maps easier.
Topic Starter
Comfy Cherry

bla wrote:

playing longer maps might help, too. learning to focus with 1000+ combo might make focusing in shorter maps easier.
I tend to avoid longer maps best combo is 2,180 it's just so crushing to get over 1k then break plus there's so much to replay if you're trying for FC I tend to play them once if I get more than 1 minute in. I might try focusing on longer maps for a bit to see if that helps though :D
Yurumo
Use p/6109260

It's a miss analyzer.
You can see if you clicked too early/too late or if you even entered the circle at all.

I've managed to fix so many misses because of it.
Fxjlk
To be consistent you need patience.

Impatience leads to non stable thought that leads to chokes and bad habits.

Consistency is a measure of patience.
Topic Starter
Comfy Cherry

Pawnables wrote:

Use p/6109260

It's a miss analyzer.
You can see if you clicked too early/too late or if you even entered the circle at all.

I've managed to fix so many misses because of it.

Thanks that'll clear up a bit of the confusion
Topic Starter
Comfy Cherry
I think I managed to work out something on my own that seems to be working I added a small cursor trail that helps me see where I aimed wrong and also added a smaller circle inside my regular hitcircle to give me a smaller target to aim for, and hopefully improve my aim, I feel like I'm a bit more consistent with these added
ManuelOsuPlayer
Play easier long songs. Take a small break 5-10 mins after 4 or 5 songs.
Topic Starter
Comfy Cherry
Turns out my biggest problem was aiming with my wrist, I started using my whole arm and boom some consistency