forum

[Archived] Tablet issues?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Axel
Hey guys, im having tablet issues with my Wacom Bamboo CTH-470. I can install the drivers just fine.
Tablet works and everything.. Except when i go to control Panel and press the "Wacom Tablet Property" button a message comes up saying "Your device is not connected to your computer."

i tried using a new cord, and other USB plugs. (USB 2 to USB 3.0) and nothing is working.
That tablet works of course but i just can't open the settings to change my tablet area..

Thanks!
Death
  1. Open your device manager and expand "Mice and other pointing devices"
  2. Find the correct item in the list that is your Wacom tablet, then right click it and uninstall
  3. Next go to the "Human Interface Devices" section and expand that list
  4. Repeat the same process of uninstalling the "Wacom Tablet" item in that list
  5. Unplug your tablet and restart your computer
  6. Download the correct drivers for your tablet from here, the one for your tablet is going to be under the "Drivers for Previous Generation Products" section, and not the one at the top
Topic Starter
Axel
Nothing says Wacom Tablet. It just says HID - USB DEVICE or USB INPUT DEVICE
Death

Axel wrote:

At which step? Were you able to uninstall the Wacom device under the "Mice and other pointing devices" section? You may need to right click on each device in the list and hit properties to find which ones are Wacom related.
Topic Starter
Axel

Death wrote:

Axel wrote:

At which step? Were you able to uninstall the Wacom device under the "Mice and other pointing devices" section? You may need to right click on each device in the list and hit properties to find which ones are Wacom related.
None of them say Wacom. They all say Microsoft. I uninstalled all and uninstalled my current driver and reinstalled the one you linked but it says something about libxml2.dll is missing from your computer.
Both Windows 7 and Windows 10 do the same exact error.
Death
Make sure you have installed all pending updates for your operating system.
  1. Start - Control Panel - Windows Update
  2. Check for updates and install all pending updates, then restart the computer.
  3. Repeat until there are no more updates
Download the "Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows" at this link if the windows update did not work.

If neither of those work download the Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 here

And last, you can try installing an older version of your tablet drivers and see if that works.
Topic Starter
Axel
I already tried installing other versions. I even did a fresh install of windows. It doesn't work. The two installers for those programs say my computer isn't compatible cause i already have them.
Death
Your fresh install of Windows is most likely the issue for the missing dll. When you run the Visual C++ Redistributable it should ask you to uninstall what you currently have, do that. After you uninstall what you currently have, run the exe again to install it and restart your computer.