forum

Skin smoother cursor trail after maximizing the game.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Abraham
Usually when I open my game after tabbing, the cursor trail goes from having less refreshes to being super smooth without modifying cursor middle, but it only last a few seconds. I wonder if in there is a way to keep it for every or make it last longer because it look fantastic.

Death
If you add a cursormiddle.png file to your skin folder it will extend the length of your cursor trail and may give off a smoother effect, however it may not look exactly the same as in the image.
h3oCharles
there's probably cursormiddle@2x.png in your skin folder
Flor
The effect is actually impossible to recreate. I've read it happens because the game has to render the frames it couldn't while you were alt-tabbed - don't quote me on this though.

This method is the closest you can get (long trails only).
Topic Starter
Abraham
Thanks for the help and the results given by using a cursor middle are not what am looking for as it creates a dotted effect although it makes the cursor trail larger.
PixelTheNeko
This effect is indeed possible. First, you would need a transparent cursor middle file. Next in osu! settings, set cursor size to 2x. If the cursor is too big, resize the cursor image until it is a good size. Same thing with trail.
h3oCharles
I think I know what's up. The problem you're explaining is true and it happened to me multiple times. It's probably caused by us alt-tabbing on compatibility mode enabled. To fix it, leave from the screen this happened and come back.
PixelTheNeko

h3oCharles wrote:

I think I know what's up. The problem you're explaining is true and it happened to me multiple times. It's probably caused by us alt-tabbing on compatibility mode enabled. To fix it, leave from the screen this happened and come back.
What he wants is the long cursor trail effect, not to fix it.
h3oCharles

PixelTheNeko wrote:

What he wants is the long cursor trail effect, not to fix it.

AbrahamR wrote:

[...] the results given by using a cursor middle are not what am looking for [...]
PixelTheNeko

AbrahamR wrote:

as it creates a dotted effect although it makes the cursor trail larger.
The fix I have proposed does not create this issue